Building Intelligent Robotics Systems with Distributed Components
Federico Guedea-Elizalde*, Rogelio Soto**, Fakhreddine Karray***,
and Insop Song***
*Center for Innovation and Technology, ITESM, Campus Monterrey, Ave. Eugenio Garza Sada 2501, Col Tecnologico, CP 64849, Monterrey, N.L. Mexico
**Center for Intelligent Systems, ITESM, Campus Monterrey , Ave. Eugenio Garza Sada 2501, Col Tecnologico, CP 64849, Monterrey, N.L. Mexico
***Department of Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
-  G. Beni, and J. Wang, “Theoretical problems for the realization of distributed robotic systems,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Sacramento, California, Vol.3, pp. 1914-1920, April 9-11, 1991.
-  OMG, “Common Object Request Broker Architecture and Specification (CORBA),” Tech. Rep., Object Management Group, Fall Church, USA, 2000.
-  F. Guedea, R. Soto, F. Karray, I. Song, and R. Morales-Menéndez, “Wrapper Components for Distributed Robotics Systems,” in Proceedings of the Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2004 (MICAI’04), Mexico City, Mexico, April 26-30, 2004.
-  A. L. Blum, and M. L. Furst, “Fast planning through planning graph analysis,” Artificial Intelligence, Vol.90, pp. 281-300, 1997.
-  I. Song, F. Karray, and F. Guedea, “An advanced control framework for a class of distributed real-time systems,” in Proceedings of the World Automation Congress on the 5th International Symposium on Soft Computing for Industry, WAC-ISSCI 2004, Sevilla, Spain, June 28 - July 1, 2004.
-  F. Guedea, R. Soto, F. Karray, and I. Song, “Enhancing Distributed Robotics Systems using CORBA,” in Proceedings of the First International Conference on Humanoid, Nanotechnologies, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management 2003 (HNICEM’03), Manila, Philippines, March 27-29, 2003.
-  D. C. Smith, D. Levine, and S. Mungee, “The design of the TAO real-time object request broker,” Computer Communications, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 294-324, April 10, 1998.
-  R. Simmons, L.-J. Lin, and C. Fedor, “Autonomous task control for mobile robots,” in Proceedings of 5th IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Vol.2, pp. 663-668, Sept. 5-7, 1990.
-  P. Pirjanian, T. L. Huntsberger, A. Trebi-Ollennu, H. Aghazarian, H. Das, S. Joshi, and P.S. Schenker, “CAMPOUT: A Control Architecture for Multi-robot Planetary Outposts,” in Proceedings of the SPIE Sensor Fusion and Decentralized Control in Robotic Systems III, Boston, MA, Vol.4196, pp. 221-230, Nov., 2000.
-  M. Skubic, G. Kondraske, J. Wise, G. Khoury, R. Volz, and S. Askew, “A telerobotics construction set with integrated performance analysis,” in Proceedings of the 1995 IEEE/RSJ Intl. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Pittsburgh, PA, Vol.3, pp. 20-26, August, 1995.
-  R. Sanz, J. A. Clavijo, A. de Antonio, and M. Segarra, “ICa: Middleware for Intelligent Control,” in Proceedings of the 1999 IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control/Intelligent Systems and Semiotics, Cambridge, MA, pp. 387-392, Sept. 15-17, 1999.
-  R. Sanz, M. Alonso, I. Lopez, and C. A. Garcia, “Enhancing Control Architectures using CORBA,” in Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Mexico City, pp. 189-194, Sept. 5-7, 2001.
-  H. Bruyninckx, “Open Robot Control Software: the OROCOS project,” in Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Seoul, Korea, Vol.3, pp. 2523-2528, May 21-26, 2001.
-  H. Utz, S. Sablatnog, S. Enderle, and G. Kraetzschmar, “MIRO-Middleware for Mobile Robot Applications,” in IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol.18(4), pp. 493-497, August, 2002.
-  I. Song, F. Guedea, and F. Karray, “Distributed Control Framework design and implementation for Multi-robotic systems: a case study on block manipulation,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Intelligent Control, ISIC 2004, Taipei, Taiwan, Sept. 2-4, 2004.
-  I. Song, I. Khalil, F. Guedea, Y. Dai, and F. Karray, “Natural Language Interface for Mobile Robot Navigation Control,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Intelligent Control, ISIC 2004, Taipei, Taiwan, Sept. 2-4, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.