Numerical Analysis of Temperature Change in Sandwich Structure During Laser Sealing
Akira Chiba†, Souta Matsusaka, Hirofumi Hidai, and Noboru Morita
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiba University
1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  S. Logunov, S. Marjanovic, and J. Balakrishnan, “Laser Assisted Frit Sealing for High Thermal Expansion Glasses,” JLMN-J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 326-333, 2012.
-  F. Ribeiro, J. Maçaira, R. Cruz, J. Gabriel, L. Andrade, and A. Mendes, “Laser assisted glass frit sealing of dye-sensitized solar cells,” Sol. Energ. Mater. Sol. Cells, Vol.96, pp. 43-49, 2012.
-  S. Widodoa, G. Wirantoa, and M. Nur Hidayatb, “Fabrication of dye sensitized solar cells with spray coated carbon nano tube (CNT) based counter electrodes,” Energ. Procedia, Vol.68, pp. 37-44, 2015.
-  R. Sastrawana, J. Beierb, U. Belledina, S. Hemmingc, A. Hinschd, R. Kernd, C. Vetterb, F. M. Petrate, A. Prodi-Schwabe, P. Lechnerf, and W. Hoffmann, “A glass frit-sealed dye solar cell module with integrated series connections,” Sol. Energ. Mater. Sol. Cells, Vol.90, pp. 1680-1691, 2006.
-  S. Ito, T. N. Murakami, P. Comte, P. Liska, C. Grätzel, M. K. Nazeeruddin, and M. Grätzel, “Fabrication of thin film dye sensitized solar cells with solar to electric power conversion efficiency over 10%,” Thin Solid Films Vol.516, pp. 4613-4619, 2008.
-  G. Hashmi, K. Miettunen, T. Peltola, J. Halme, I. Asghar, K. Aitola, M. Toivol, and P. Lund, “Review of materials and manufacturing options for large area flexible dye solar cells,” Renew. Sus. Energ. Rev., Vol.15, pp. 3717-3732, 2011.
-  H. C. Wu, M. J. Youh, W. H. Lin, C. L. Tseng, Y. M. Juan, M. H. Chuang, Y. Y. Li, and A. Sakoda, “Fabrication of double-sided field-emission light source using a mixture of carbon nanotubes and phosphor sandwiched between two electrode layers,” Carbon, Vol.50, pp. 4781-4786, 2012.
-  X. Wang, X. Song, M. Jiang, P. Li, Y. Hu, K. Wang, and H. Liu, “Modeling and optimization of laser transmission joining process between PET and 316L stainless steel using response surface methodology,” Opt. Laser Technol., Vol.44, pp.656-663, 2012.
-  S. Matsusaka, Y. Mihara, A. Chiba, H. Hidai, and N. Morita, “Laser Joining of Glass Substrates using Low Melting Point Insert Glass,” J. Japan Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol.81, No.4, pp. 349-355, 2015.
-  I. Miyamoto, A. Horn, and J. Gottmann, “Local Melting of Glass Material and Its Application to Direct Fusion Welding by Ps-laser Pulses,” JLMN-J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 7-14, 2007.
-  A. Utsumi, T. Ooie, T. Yano, and M. Katsumura, “Direct Bonding of Glass and Metal Using Short Pulsed Laser,” JLMN-J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.2, No.2, pp.133-136, 2007.
-  D. Hélie, F. Lacroix, and R. Vallée, “Reinforcing a Direct Bond between Optical Materials by Filamentation Based Femtosecond Laser Welding,” JLMN-J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 284-292, 2012.
-  Q. Wu, N. Lorenz, K. M. Cannon, and D. P. Hand, “Glass Frit as a Hermetic Joining Layer in Laser Based Joining of Miniature Devices,” IEEE Trans. On Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol.3, No.2, pp.470-477, 2010.
-  N. Lorenz, S. Millar, M. Desmulliez, and D. P. Hand, “Hermetic glass frit packaging in air and vacuum with localized laser joining,” J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol.21, 045039 pp. 1-7, 2011.
-  H. Kind, E. Gehlen, M. Aden, A. Olowinsky, and A. Gillner, “Laser glass frit sealing for encapsulation of vacuum insulation,” Physics Procedia, Vol.56, pp. 673-680, 2014.
-  T. Naito, T. Aoyagi, Y. Sawai, S. Tachizono, K. Yoshimura, Y. Hashiba, and M. Yoshimoto, “Lead-Free Low-Melting and Semiconductive Vanadate Glass Applicable to Low-Temperature Sealing,” Japanese J. App. Physics, Vol.50, 088002 pp. 1-2, 2011.
-  Q. Wu, Y. Semenova, P. Wang, and G. Farrell, “Numerical investigation on a laser based localised joining with a glass frit intermediate layer,” Microsyst. Technol., Vol.18, pp. 87-95, 2012.
-  W. Wang, Y. Xiao, X. Wu, and J. Zhang, “Optimization of laser-assisted glass frit bonding process by response surface methodology,” Opt. Laser Technol., Vol.77, pp. 111-115, 2016.
-  H. Banse, E. Beckert, R. Eberhardt, W. Stöckl, and J. Vogel, “Laser beam soldering – a new assembly technology for microoptical systems,” Microsystem Technol., Vol.11, pp. 186-193, 2005.
-  S. Tseng, W. Hsiao, K. Huang, C. Huang, and C. Chou, “Investigation of Profile Cutting on Glass Plates Using a Pulsed UV Laser System,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 270-276, 2011.
-  A. Chiba, H. Hidai, S. Matsusaka, and N. Morita, “Tow-Dimensional Dynamic Stress Behavior of Sheet Glass Caused by a Continuous Step Input from a Cylindrical Loader,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 401-410, 2016.
-  A. Chiba, H. Hidai, S. Matsusaka, and N. Morita, “Dynamic Thermal elastic Behavior in Sheet Glass Generated by Pulsed Laser Irradiation Using a One-Dimensional Model,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.6, pp. 847-854, 2014.
-  I. Kono, N. Sugita, and M. Mitsuishi, “Simulation of laser micromachining in Silica glass with absorbent slurry,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 284-290, 2010.
-  F. Motomura, “Micro Drilling Simulation of Ultra-Short Pulsed Laser Ablation of Glass,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 418-290, 2015.
-  N. Otero, P. Romero, J. Sotelo, and A. González, “Laser Surface Modification to Enhance Brazing Joints,” JLMN-J. of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 137-143, 2013.
-  Z. Tang, T. Seefeld, and F. Vollertsen, “Laser brazing of aluminum with a new filler wire AlZn13Si10Cu4,” Physics Procedia, Vol.41, pp.128-136, 2013.
-  Y. C. Liao and M. H. Yu, “Effects of laser beam energy and incident angle on the pulse laser welding of stainless steel thin sheet,” J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol.190, pp. 102-108, 2007.
-  J. Goldak, A. Chakravarti, and M. Bibby, “A New Finite Element Model for Welding Heat Sources,” Metall. Trans. B, Vol.15B, pp. 299-305, 1984.
-  F. Hongyuan, M. Qingguo, X. Wenli, and J. Shude, “New general double ellipsoid heat source model,” Sci. Technol. Weld. Join., Vol.10, No.3, pp. 361-368, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.