Fabrication of Metallic Nanodot Arrays Using Nano-Chemical Stamping Technique with a Polymer Stamp
Potejana Potejanasak†, Masahiko Yoshino, and Motoki Terano
Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
-  X. Li, L. Jiang, Q. Zhan, J. Qian, and S. He, “Localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) of polyelectrolyte-functionalized gold-nanoparticles for bio-sensing,” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects, Vol.332, pp. 172-179, 2009.
-  D. Mortazavi, A. Z. Kouzani, A. Kaynak, and W. Duan, “Developing LSPR design guidelines,” Prog. Electromagn. Res., Vol.12, pp. 203-23, 2012.
-  Y. M. Bae, K. H. Lee, J. Yang, and D. Heo, “Fabrication of gold nanodot array for the localized surface plasmon resonance,” J. Nanomaterials, Vol.2014, pp. 175670, 2014.
-  Y. Hong, Y. M. Huh, D. S. Yoon, and J. Yang, “Nanobiosensors based on localized surface plasmon resonancefor biomarker detection,” J. Nanomaterials, Vol.2012, pp. 759-830, 2012.
-  M. P. Raphael, J. A. Christodoulides, S. M. Mulvaney, M. M. Miller, J. P. Long, and J. M. Byers, “A new methodology for quantitative LSPR biosensing and imaging,” Anal. Chem., Vol.84, pp. 1367-1373, 2012.
-  H. J. Parab, C. Jung, J. H. Lee, and H. G. Park, “A gold nano-rod based optical DNA biosensor for the diagnos of pathogens,” Biosens. Bioelectron., Vol.26, pp. 667-67, 2010.
-  B. Sepulveda, P. C. Angelome, L. M. Lechuga, and L. M. Liz-Marzan, “LSPR-based nanobiosensors,” Nanotoday, Vol.4, pp. 244-251, 2009.
-  M. Kajiura, T. Nakanishi, H. Iida, H. Takada, and T. Osaka, “Biosensing by optical waveguide spectroscopy based on localized surface plasmon resonance of gold nanoparticles used as a probe or as a label,” J. Colloid. Interf. Sci., Vol.33, No.5, pp. 140-145, 2009.
-  Y. Lin, Y. Zou, Y. Mo, J. Guo, and R. G. Lindquist, “E-beam patterned gold nanodot arrays on optical fiber tips for localized surface plasmon resonance biochemical sensing,” Sensors, Vol.10, pp. 9397-9406, 2010.
-  J. Taniguchi, T. Manabe, and K. Ishikawa, “Fabrication of less than 20-nm-diameter nanodot arrays using inorganic “electron beam resist and post exposure bake”,” Int. J. of Automation Technology., Vol.5, No.3, pp. 349-352, 2011.
-  L. Wang, W. Xiong, Y. Nishijima, Y. Yokota, K. Ueno, H. Misawa, J. Qiu, and G. Bi, “Spectral properties of nanoengineered Ag/Au bilayer rods fabricated by electron beam lithography,” Appl. Opt., Vol.50, No.28, pp. 5600-5605, 2011.
-  L. Petti, R. Capasso, M. Rippa, M. Pannico, P. L. Manna, G. Peluso, A. Calarco, E. Bobeico, and P. Musto, “A plasmonic nanostructure fabricated by electron beam lithography as a sensitive and highly homogeneous SERS substrate for bio-sensing applications,” Vib. Spectrosc., Vol.12, pp. 22-30, 2016.
-  R. Yang, S. A. Soper, and W. Wang, “Microfabrication of pre-aligned fiber bundle couplers using ultraviolet lithography of SU-8,” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol.127, pp. 123-130, 2006.
-  R. Yang, D. L. Feeback, and W. Wang, “Microfabrication and test of a three-dimensional polymer hydro-focusing unit for flow cytometry applications,” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol.118, pp. 259-267, 2005.
-  Y. K. Yoon, J. H. Park, and M. G. Allen, “Multidirectional UV lithography for complex 3-D MEMS structures,” J. Microelectromech. Syst., Vol.15, No.5, pp. 1121-1130, 2006.
-  H. Shinohara, M. Fukuhara, T. Hirasawa, J. Mizuno, and S. Shoji, “Fabrication of magnetic nanodots arrays using UV nanoimprinting lithography and electrodeposition for high density patterned media,” J. Photopolym. Sci. Tec., Vol.21, No.4, pp. 591-596, 2008.
-  D. Li, L. Qin, D. X. Qi, F. Gao, R. W. Peng, J. Zou, Q. J. Wang, and M. Wang, “Tunable electric and magnetic resonances in multilayered metal/dielectric nanoplates at optical frequencies,” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Vol.43, 345102, 2010.
-  M. J. Vasile, Z. Niu, R. Nassar, W. Zhang, and S. Liu, “Focused ion beam milling: Depth control for three-dimensional microfabrication,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, Vol.15, No.6, 1997.
-  J. S. Lin, C. L. Lai, Y. C. Tu, C. H. Wu, and Y. Takeuchi, “A uniform pressure apparatus for micro/nanoimprint lithography equipment,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 84-88, 2009.
-  S. Y. Chou, P. R. Krauss, and P. J. Renstrom, “Nanoimprint lithography,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol B., Vol.14, No.6, 1996.
-  B. Chen, M. Mokume, C. Liu, and K. Hayashi, “Structure and localized surface plasmon tuning of sputtered Au nano-islands through thermal annealing,” Vacuum, Vol.110, pp. 94-101, 2014.
-  T. D. Phuc, M. Yoshino, A. Yamanaka, and T. Yamamoto, “Effects of morphology of nanodots on localized surface plasmon resonance property,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 74-82, 2014.
-  H. J. Kim and D. E. Kim, “Frictional behavior of Ag nanodot-pattern fabricated by thermal dewetting,” Surf. Coat. Tech., Vol.215, pp. 234-240, 2013.
-  Y. M. Bae, K. H. Lee, J. Yang, and D. Heo, “Fabrication of gold nanodot array for the localized surface plasmon resonance,” J. Nanomater, Vol.2014, pp. 175670, 2014.
-  P. Potejana, M. Yoshino, M. Terano, and M. Mita, “Efficient fabrication process of metal nanodot arrays using direct nanoimprinting method with a polymer mold,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.6, pp. 629-635, 2015.
-  E. A. Leed and C. G. Pantano, “Computer modeling of water adsorption on silica and silicate glass fracture surfaces,” J. Non-Cryst. Solids, Vol.325, pp. 48-60, 2003.
-  J. D. Plummer, M. D. Deal, and P. B. Griffin, “Silicon VLSI Technology, Fundamentals, Practice and Modeling,” Prentice Hall, 2000.
-  J. C. Mcmanusy, O. Arano, and M. J. D. Low, “Infrared study of the interactions of acetone and siliceous surfaces,” Can. J. Chem. Vol.47, pp. 2545-2554, 1969.
-  G. S. Shafai, S. Shetty, S. Krishnamurty, V. Shah, and D. G. Kanhere, “Density functional investigation of the interaction of acetone with small gold clusters,” J. Chem. Phys., Vol.126, 014704, 2007.
-  M. Yoshino, Z. Li, and M. Terano, “Theoretical and experimental study of metallic dot agglomeration induced by thermal dewetting,” ASME J. of Micro and Nano-Manufacturing, Vol.3, Issue 2, 021004.
-  T. Young, “An Essay on the Cohesion of Fluids,” Philosophical Trans. of the Royal Society of London, Vol.95, pp. 65-87, 1805.
-  L. Vitos, A. V. Ruban, H. L. Skriver, and J. Kollár, “The surface energy of metals,” Serface Science, Vol.411, pp. 186-202, 1998.
-  G. A. Parks, “Surface and interfacial free energies of quartz,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.89, pp. 3997-4008, 1984.
-  H. Kuwata, H. Tamaru, K. Esumi, and K. Miyano, “Resonant light scattering from metal nanoparticles: Practical analysis beyond Rayleigh approximation,” Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol.83, pp. 4625-4627, 2003.
-  Z. Li, M. Yoshino, and A. Yamanaka, “Regularly-formed three-dimensional gold nanodot array with controllable optical properties,” J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol.24, pp. 045011, 2014.
-  S. Butun, N. A. Cinel, and E. Ozbay, “LSPR enhanced MSM UV phtodetectors,” Nanotechnology, Vol.23, 444010, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.