Fabrication and Control of Fine Periodic Surface Structures by Short Pulsed Laser
Shuhei Kodama*,†, Akihiro Shibata**, Shinya Suzuki**, Keita Shimada*, Masayoshi Mizutani*, and Tsunemoto Kuriyagawa*
6-6-01 Aramaki-Aza-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
**Dexerials Corporation, Miyagi, Japan
-  M. Koishi, “Surface functionalization design technology of practical materials for manufacturing,” Industrial technology service center, Inc., 2010.
-  Y. Tanaka, “Fabrication of Anti-reflective Structures using Glass Molding,” NEW GLASS, Vol.23, No.4, 2008.
-  Toray Research Center, Water-repelling technology, Reimeisha.
-  S. Takeda, K. Kawahara, H. Sawada, and M. Nakamura, “Effects of femtosecond laser induced nanotopography of titanium on osteoblast-like cells,” The Japanese Society for Dental Materials and Devices, Vol.25, No.5.
-  N. Yasumaru, K. Miyazaki, and J. Kikuchi, “Control of Tribological Properties of Hard Thin Films with Femtosecond-Laser-Induced Nanostructuring,” The Review of Laser Engineering, Vol.37, No.7, pp. 504-509, 2009.
-  S. Sawada, K. Kawahara, T. Ninomiya, K. Kurosawa, and A. Yokotani, “Precise Periodic Structuring with Femtosecond-laser,” Seimitukougakkaishi, Vol.69, No.4, 2003.
-  M. Hashida, M. Shimizu, and S. Sakabe, “Nano-Abration with Short Pulse Laser,” The Review of Laser Engineering, Vol.33, pp. 514-518, 2005.
-  M. Hujita and M. Hashida, “Femtosecond-Laser Processing,” J. of Plasma and Fusion Research, Vol.81, Suppl, pp. 195-201, 2005.
-  B. C. Stuart, M. D. Feit, S. Herman, A. M. Rubenchik, B. W. Shore, and M. D. Perry, “Nanosecond-to-femtosecond laser-induced breakdown in dielectrics,” Phys. Rev. B, Vol.53, pp. 1749-1761, 1996.
-  B. C. Stuart, M. D. Feit, A. M. Rubenchik, B. W. Shore, and M. D. Perry, “Laser-Induced Damage in Dielectrics with Nanosecond to Subpicosecond Pulses,” Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.74, pp. 2248-2251, 1995.
-  E. G. Gamaly, A. V. Rode, B. Luther-Davies, and V. T. Tikhonchuk, “Ablation of solids by femtosecond lasers: Ablation mechanism and ablation thresholds for metals and dielectrics,” Phys. Plasmas, Vol.9, pp. 949-957, 2002.
-  D. Du, X. Liu, G. Korn, J. Squier, and G. Mourou, “Laser-induced breakdown by impact ionization in SiO2 with pulse widths from 7 ns to 150 fs,” Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol.64, pp. 3071-3073, 1994.
-  S. Hayakawa, “Matter and light,” Asakura Publishing Co., Ltd. 1976.
-  L. Jiang and H. L. Tsai, “Prediction of crater shape in femtosecond laser ablation of dielectrics,” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. Vol.37, pp. 1492-1496, 2004.
-  T. Tomita, “Laser Ablation: From the Viewpoint of Solid State Physics,” J. Plasma Fusion Res., Vol.89, No.7, pp. 493-499, 2013.
-  K. Miyazaki and G. Miyaji, “Nano-plasma generation and periodic surface structure formation with femtosecond laser pulses,” S6-2.
-  T. Shinonaga and M. Tsukamoto, “Fablication Creation of New Functional Biomaterials by Periodic Nanostructures Formation with Femtosecond laser,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.81, No.8, pp. 726-730, 2015.
-  Y. Shimotsuma, P. G. Kazansky, J. R. Qiu, and K. Hirao, “Self-organized nanogratings in glass irradiated by ultrashort light pulses,” Physical Review Letters, Vol.91, No.24, pp. 247-405-1-4, 2003.
-  M. Hashida, “Basic research about improvement of processing rate of femto second laser process,” The Amada Foundation research briefing report, Vol.26, pp. 160-164, 2013.
-  M. Huang, F. Zhao, Y. Cheng, N. Xu, and Z. Xu, “Origin of Laser-Induced Near-Subwavelength Ripples: Interference between Surface Plasmons and Incident Laser,” ACS Nano, Vol.3, No.12, pp. 4062-4070, 2009.
-  Miyazaki and G. Miyaji, “Nanograting formation through surface plasmon fields induced by femtosecond laser pulses,” J. of Applied Physics, Vol.114, pp. 153-1081-6, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.