Ultra-Low-Frequency Vibration Assisted Machining of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy
Tatsuya Sugihara† and Toshiyuki Enomoto
2-1 Yamada-oka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
-  E. O. Ezugwu, J. Bonney, and Y. Yamane, “An overview of the machinability of aeroengine alloys,” J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol.134, pp. 233-253, 2003.
-  A. Krämer, D. Lung, and F. Klocke, “High performance cutting of aircraft and turbine components,” AIP Conf. Proc., Vol.1431, No.425, pp. 425-432, 2012.
-  A. Pramanik, “Problems and solutions in machining of titanium alloys,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.70, No.5, pp. 919-928, 2014.
-  Z. Y. Wang and K. P. Rajurkar, “Cryogenic machining of hard-to-cut materials,” Wear, Vol.239, pp. 168-175, 2000.
-  S. Y Hong, I. Markus, and W. Jeong, “New cooling approach and tool life improvement in cryogenic machining of titanium alloy Ti-6Al-4V,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol.41, pp. 2245-2260, 2001.
-  L. N. López de Lacalle, J. Pérez-Bilbatua, J. A. Sánchez, J. I. Llorente, A. Gutiérrez, and J. Albóniga, “Using High Pressure Coolant in the Drilling and Turning of Low Machinability Alloys,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.16, No.2, pp. 85-91, 2000.
-  E. O. Ezugwu, R. B. Da Silva, J. Bonney, and Á. R. Machado, “Evaluation of the performance of CBN tools when turning Ti–6Al–4V alloy with high pressure coolant supplies,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol.45, No.9, pp. 1009-1014, 2005.
-  F. Klocke and G. Eisenblätter, “Dry cutting,” CIRP Annals, Vol.46, No.2, pp. 519-526, 1997.
-  P. S. Sreejith and B. K. A. Ngoi, “Dry machining: Machining of the future,” J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol.101, No.1-3, pp. 287-291, 2003.
-  D. E. Brehl and T. A. Dow, “Review of vibration-assisted machining,” Prec. Eng., Vol.32, pp. 153-172, 2008.
-  B. Lauwers, F. Klocke, A. Klink, A. E. Tekkaya, R. Neugebauer, and D. Mcintosh, “Hybrid processes in manufacturing,” CIRP Annals, Vol.63, No.2, pp. 561-583, 2014.
-  J. B. Mann, Y. Guo, C. Saldana, W. D. Compton, and S. Chandrasekar, “Enhancing material removal processes using modulation-assisted machining,” Tribol. Int., Vol.44, No.10, pp. 1225-1235.
-  T. Moriwaki and E. Shamoto, “Ultraprecision Diamond Turning of Stainless Steel by Applying Ultrasonic Vibration,” CIRP Annals, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 559-562, 1991.
-  E. Shamoto and T. Moriwaki, “Ultaprecision Diamond Cutting of Hardened Steel by Applying Elliptical Vibration Cutting,” CIRP Annals, Vol.48, No.1, pp. 441-444, 1999.
-  M. Yoshimaru, H. Koresawa, H, Narahara, and H. Suzuki, “Processing Micro Reactor by Non-Rotational Cutting Tool with Ultrasonic Vibration,” Int. J. Autom. Technol., Vol.3, No.5, pp. 602-609, 2009.
-  E. Shamoto and T. Moriwaki, “Study on Eliptical Vibration Cutting,” CIRP Annals, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 35-38, 1994.
-  S. Amini, E. Shamoto, N. Suzuki, and M. J. Nategh, “FE Analysis of One-Directional and Elliptical Vibration Cutting Processes,” Int. J. Autom. Technol., Vol.4, No.3, pp. 252-258, 2010.
-  Y. Wang and E. Shamoto, “Elliptical Vibration Cutting of Hardened Steel with Large Nose Radius Single Crystal Diamond Tool,” Int. J. Autom. Technol., Vol.8, No.6, pp. 820-826, 2014.
-  A. Schubert, A. Nestler, S. Pinternagel, and H. Zeidler, “Influence of ultrasonic vibration assistance on the surface integrity in turning of the aluminum alloy AA2017,” Materialwissenschaft und Werkstofftechnik, Vol.42, No.7, pp. 658-665, 2011.
-  Y. Guo, J. B. Mann, H. Yeung, and S. Chandrasekar, “Enhancing Tool Life in High-Speed Machining of Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) Using Controlled Modulation,” Tribol. Lett, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 103-111, 2012.
-  K. Okamura, H. Sasahara, T. Segawa, and M. Tsusumi, “Low-frequency Vibration Drilling of Titanium Alloy,” JSME Int. J. Ser. C, Vol.49, pp. 76-82, 2006.
-  S. Smith, B. Woody, W. Barkman, and D. Turshy, “Temperature control and machine dynamics in chip breaking using toolpaths,” CIRP Annals, Vol.58, No.1, pp. 97-100, 2009.
-  W. Moscoso, E. Olgun, W. D. Compton, and S. Chandrasekar, “Effect of Low-Frequency Modulation on Lubrication of Chip-Tool Interface in Machining,” Trans. ASME, Vol.127, pp. 238-244, 2005.
-  D. Jianxin, L. Yousheng, and S. Wenlong, “Diffusion wear in dry cutting of Ti-6Al-4V with WC/Co carbide tools,” Wear, Vol.265, No.11-12, pp. 1776-1783, 2008.
-  H. Sasahara, G. Jin, M. Jin, and M. Murakawa, “Effect of Vibration and Atmosphere in Vibration Cutting Process (On 50 Hz Vibration Cutting),” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. Ser. C, Vol.70, No.694, pp. 1843-1848, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.