Study of Rotary-Linear Ultrasonic Motor Output Shafts
Ayato Kanada†, Tomoaki Mashimo, and Kazuhiko Terashima
Toyohashi University of Technology
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
-  E. A. Mendrela and E. Gierczak, “Double-winding rotary-linear induction motor,” IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol.EC-2, pp. 47-54, 1987.
-  S. Makino, T. Shikayama, I. Murokita, H. Yahara, and M. Ohto, “Direcet Drive θ-Z Motor for Rotary and Linear Motion,” The Institute of Ekectrical Engineers of Japan, Vol.134, No.7, pp. 683-690, 2014.
-  Koganei Corporation, http://ww1.koganei.co.jp/jp/ [accessed Dec. 22, 2015]
-  N. Iwatsuki et al., “Precision positioning with a rotary-linear motor driven by a pair of 2-D ultrasonic actuators,” in Micro Machine and Human Science, 1996., Proc. of the Seventh Int. Symposium, pp. 183-188, 1996.
-  S. Sato et al., “Design of a precision rotary-linear dual-axis positioning system with a surface encoder,” presented at the Proc. of SPIE, Int. Symposium on Optomechatronic Technologies (ISOT 2005) Sapporo, Japan, 2005.
-  Y. Chen et al., “Study of a Mini-Ultrasonic Motor with Square Metal Bar and Piezoelectric Plate Hybrid “ Japanese J. of Applied Physics, Vol.45, pp. 4780-4781, 2006.
-  Y. Zhang, G. Liu, and J. Hesselbach, “On Development of a Rotary-Linear Actuator Using Piezoelectric Translators,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 647-650, 2006.
-  S. Tuncdemir et al., “Design of Translation Rotary Ultrasonic Motor with Slanted Piezoelectric Ceramics,” Japanese J. of Applied Physics, Vol.50, pp. 027301, 2011.
-  T. Mashimo and S. Toyama, “Rotary-linear piezoelectric actuator using a single stator,” IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Vol.56, pp. 114-120, 2009.
-  T. Mashimo and S. Toyama, “Rotary-Linear Piezoelectric Microactuator with a Cubic Stator of Side Length 3.5mm,” IEEE Trans. Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 2010.
-  T. Sashida and T. Kenjo, “Introduction to ultrasonic motors,” New York: Oxford University Press, 1993.
-  T. Mashimo and S. Toyama, “Vibration analysis of cubic rotary-linear piezoelectric actuator,” IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Vol.58, pp. 844-848, 2011.
-  T. Funakubo et al., “Ultrasonic Linear Motor Using Multilayer Piezoelectric Actuators,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics. Pt. 1, Regular papers & short notes, Vol.34, pp. 2756-2759, 1995.
-  T. Funakubo and Y. Tomikawa, “Characteristics of 10 mm Multilayer L1-F2 Mode Vibrator and Application to a Linear Motor,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.42, pp. 3002-3006, 2003.
-  K. Takemura and T. Maeno, “Design and control of an ultrasonic motor capable of generating multi-DOF motion,” Mechatronics, IEEE/ASME Trans. on, Vol.6, pp. 499-506, 2001.
-  M. Aoyagi et al., “A novel multi-degree-of-freedom thick-film ultrasonic motor,” Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, IEEE Trans. on, Vol.49, pp. 151-158, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.