Development of a Rubber Soft Actuator Driven with Gas/Liquid Phase Change
Hiroki Matsuoka*,†, Takefumi Kanda*, Shuichi Wakimoto*, Koichi Suzumori** and Pierre Lambert***
3-1-1, Tsushima-naka, Kita-ku, Okayama, Japan
**Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
***Université libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
-  A. D. Greef, P. Lambert, and A. Delchambre, “Towards flexible medical instruments: review of flexible fluidic actuators,” Precision engineering, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 311-321, 2009.
-  S. Wakimoto, I. Kumagai, and K. Suzumori, “Development of variable stiffness colonoscope consisting of pneumatic drive devices,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 551-558, 2011.
-  K. Iwata, K. Suzumori, and S. Wakimoto, “A method of designing and fabricating McKibben muscles driven by 7 MPa hydraulics,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 482-487, 2012.
-  S. Wakimoto, K. Suzumori, and K. Ogura, “Miniature pneumatic curling rubber actuator generating bidirectional motion with one air-supply tube,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.25, No.9-10, pp. 1311-1330, 2011.
-  M.H. Ribuan, K. Suzumori, and S. Wakimoto. “New pneumatic rubber leg mechanism for omnidirectional locomotion,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 222-230, 2014.
-  H. Wu, A. Kitagawa, and H. Tsukagoshi, “Development of a portable pneumatic power source using phase transition at the triple point,” Proc. of the JFPS Int. Symposium on Fluid Power, pp. 310-315, 2005.
-  K. Suzumori, A. Wada, and S. Wakimoto, “New mobile pressure control system for pneumatic actuators, using reversible chemical reactions of water,” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol.201, pp. 148-153, 2013.
-  H. Matsuoka and K. Suzumori, “Gas/liquid phase change actuator for use in extreme temperature environments,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 140-146, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.