Development of a Hose-Free FMA Driven by a Built-In Gas/Liquid Chemical Reactor
Akira Wada*,†, Hidehiro Kametani**, Koichi Suzumori*, and Shuichi Wakimoto**
*Tokyo Institute of Technology
I1-60 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
**Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
-  T. Noritsugu, “Pneumatic Actuators,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 355-359, 1997.
-  M. D. Volder and D. Reynaerts, “Pneumatic and hydraulic microactuators: a review,” J. of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol.20, No.4, 2010.
-  Y. Muramatsu and H. Kobayashi, “Assessment of local muscle fatigue by NIRS-development and evaluation of muscle suit,” ROBOMECH J., Vol.1, No.1, pp. 1-11, 2014.
-  K. Suzumori, “Next-generation Actuators Leading New Robotics,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.33, No.9, pp. 656-659, 2015.
-  A. A. Stokes et al., “A hybrid combining hard and soft robots,” Soft Robotics, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 70-74, 2014.
-  M. Zupan, M. F. Ashby, and N. A. Fleck, “Actuator classification and selection – The development of a database,” Adv. Eng. Mater., Vol.4, No.12, pp. 933-940, 2002.
-  C. P. Chou and B. Hannaford, “Measurement and modeling of McKibben pneumatic artificial muscles,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 90-102, 1996.
-  M. Cai, T. Fujita, and T. Kagawa, “Energy Consumption and Assessment of Pneumatic Actuating Systems,” Trans. of The Japan Hydraulics & Pneumatics Society, Vol.32, No.5, pp. 118-123, 2001.
-  T. Noritsugu, J. Han, and M. Takaiwa, “Development of a Miniature Compressor Driven with a Linear Electromagnetic Actuator,” Trans. of The Japan Fluid Power System Society, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 83-90, 2002.
-  R. F. Shepherd, A. A. Stokes, J. Freake, J. Barber, P. W. Snyder, A. D. Mazzeo, L. Cademartiri, S. A. Morin, and G. M. Whitesides, “Using Explosions to Power a Soft Robot,” Angew. Chem., Vol.125, No.10, pp. 2964-2968, 2013.
-  K. Tadakuma and R. Tadakuma, “Gas source utilizing explosive chemical reaction,” Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 2011.
-  T. Yamamoto, K. Suzumori, Y. Yamada, S. Wakimoto, and A. Muto, “Development of portable chemical gas generator for pneumatic actuators,” Bioengineering Conf., p. 111, 2010.
-  H. Wu, A. Kitagawa, H. Tsukagoshi, and C. Liu, “Development of a novel pneumatic power assisted lower limb for outdoor walking by the use of a portable pneumatic power source,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Control Applications, 2007.
-  G. M. Lloyd and K. J. Kim, “Smart hydrogen/metal hydride actuator,” Int. Association for hydrogen Energy, Vol.32, No.2, pp. 247-255, 2007.
-  K. B. Fite et al., “A gas-actuated anthropomorphic prosthesis for transhumeral amputees,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 159-169, 2008.
-  C. Onal, X. Chen, G. Whitesides, and D. Rus, “Soft mobile robots with on-board chemical pressure generation,” Int. Symposium on Robotics and Research, 2011.
-  S. Yokota, F. Yajima, K. Takemura, and K. Edamura, “Electro-Conjugate Fluid Jet-Driven Micro Artificial Antagonistic Muscle Actuators and their Integration,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.24, pp. 1929-1943, 2010.
-  K. Yoshida, N. Tsukamoto, J. Kim, and S. Yokota, “A study on a soft microgripper using MEMS-based divided electrode type flexible electro-rheological valves,” Mechatronics, Vol.29, pp. 103-109, 2015.
-  K. Suzumori, A. Wada, and S. Wakimoto, “New mobile pressure control system for pneumatic actuators, using reversible chemical reactions of water,” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol.A201, pp. 148-153, 2013.
-  K. Suzumori, S. Iikura, and H. Tanaka, “Applying a flexible microactuator to robotic mechanisms,” IEEE Control Systems, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 21-27, 1992.
-  K. Suzumori et al., “A bending pneumatic rubber actuator realizing soft-bodied manta swimming robot,” 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4975-4980, 2007.
-  S. S. Dihrab et al., “Review of the membrane and bipolar plates materials for conventional and unitized regenerative fuel cells,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.13, No.6–7, pp. 1663-1668, 2009.
-  C. Neagu, J. G. E. Gardeniers, M. Elwenspoek, and J. J. Kelly, “An electrochemical microactuator: principle and first results,” J. of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 2-9, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.