Effect of Press Slide Speed and Stroke on Cup Forming Using a Plain-Woven Carbon Fiber Thermoplastic Composite Sheet
Takeshi Yoneyama*,†, Daichi Tatsuno*, Kiichiro Kawamoto**, and Masayuki Okamoto**
*School of Mechanical Engineering, Kanazawa University
Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
†Corresponding author, E-mail: email@example.com
**Advanced Processing Group, Komatsu Industries Corp., Ishikawa, Japan
-  N. Zahlan and J. M. O'Neill, “Design and fabrication of composite components; the spring-forward phenomenon,” Composites, Vol.20, pp. 77-81, 1989.
-  M. Hou and K. Friedlich, “Stamp forming of continuous carbon fiber/polypropylene composites,” Composites Manufacturing, Vol.2, pp. 3-9, 1991.
-  M. Hou, K. Friedlich, and R. Scherer, “Optimization of stamp forming of thermoplastic composites bends,” Composite Structures, Vol.27, pp. 157-167, 1994.
-  K. Friedlich and M. How, “On stamp forming of curved and flexible geometry components from continuous glass fiber/polypropylene composites,” Composites: Part A, Vol.29A, pp. 217-226, 1997.
-  J. Krebs, K. Friedrich, and D. Bhattacharyya, “A direct comparison of matched-die versus diaphragm forming,” Composites Part A, Vol.29A, pp. 183-188, 1998.
-  M. Sadighi, E. Rabizadeph, and F. Kermansaravi, “Effects of laminate sequencing on thermoforming of thermoplastic matrix composites,” J. Mat. Proc. Tech. Vol.201, pp. 725-730, 2008.
-  J. Chen, J. A. Sherwood, P. Buso, S. Chow, and D. Lussier, “Stamping of continuous fiber thermoplastic composites,” Polymer Composites, Vol.21, pp. 539-547, 2000.
-  P. Harrison, R. Gomes, and N. Curado-Correia, “Press forming a 0/90 cross-ply advanced thermoplastic composite using the double-dome benchmark geometry,” Composites Part A, Vol.54, pp. 56-69, 2013.
-  F. N. Nezami, T. Gereke, and C. Cherif, “Manipulating fabric shear deformation by means of membrane tensioning – From picture frame test to generic geometries,” SETEEC 13 WUPPERTAL-8th Technical Conf. & Exhibition Novel Aspects in Composite Technologies: from Fibre to Lightweight Structures, pp. 83-89, 2013.
-  W. Lee, M. K. Um, and J. H. Byun, “Numerical study on thermo-stamping of woven fabric composites based on double-dome stretch forming,” Int. J. Mat. Forming, Supplement, Vol.3, pp. 1217-1227, 2010.
-  P. Wang, N. Hamila, and P. Boisse, “Thermoforming simulation of multilayer composites with continuous fibers and thermoplastic matrix,” Composites: Part B, Vol.52, pp. 127-136, 2013.
-  Q. Zhang, J. Cai, and Q. Gao, “Simulation and experimental study on the thermal deep drawing of carbon fiber woven composites,” J. Mat. Proc. Tech. Vol.214, pp. 802-810, 2014.
-  B. Vieille, W. Albouy, L. Chevalier, and L. Taleb, “About the influence of stamping on thermoplastic-based composites for aeronautical applications,” Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol.45, pp. 821-834, 2013.
-  T. Miyake, and M. Seki, “Strength estimation for formed parts of carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic composite by accounting for forming process effects,” The 19th Int. Conf. on Composite Materials, 2013.
-  T. Yoneyama, T. Teraoka, K. Masuzawa, Y. Nishihara, S. Nagashima, and H. Yoshida, “Press forming of thermoplastic carbon fiber composite sheet,” J. Jap. Soc. Tech. Plas., Vol.53, No.613, pp. 145-149, 2012.
-  V. Antonelli, R. Carbone, S. Lindstedt, and R. Marissen, “Pressure distribution and surface quality during forming of thermoplastic composites with a collection of rubber particles as mould half,” 17th Int. Conf. on Composite Materials. 2013.
-  T. A. Altan and A. Groseclose, “Servo-drive presses-recent developments,” Umformtechnisches Kolloqium Darmstadt, Vol.10, 2009.
-  K. Osakada, K. Mori, T. Altan, and P. Groche, “Mechanical servo press technology for metal forming,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.60, pp. 651-672, 2011.
-  H. Taoka, H. Nobuta, H. Meguri, and Y. Kageyama, “Optimization of Motion Control in High-Speed Servo Press Line,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 439-445, 2010.
-  T. Yoneyama, M. Itoh, K. Masuzawa, D. Tatsuno, Y. Nishihara, T. Moriyasu, S. Nagashima, M. Okamoto, and T. Konda, “Press forming of semi-peripheral cup using thermoplastic carbon fiber woven composite sheet,” J. Jap. Soc.Tech. Plas., Vol.55, No.636, pp. 23-27, 2014.
-  T. Yoneyama and H. Kagawa, “Fabrication of cooling channels in the injection molding by laser metal sintering,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 162-167, 2008.
-  T. Yoneyama, S. Abe, and M. Miyamaru, “Reducing weld line by heating mold surface with heater embedded by laser metal sintering,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 591-596, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.