Drilling of CFRP with an Electrodeposited Diamond Core Drill – Effects of Air Assistance and Tool Shape –
Yuto Kojima†, Ryutaro Tanaka, Yasuo Yamane, Katsuhiko Sekiya, and Keiji Yamada
Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University
1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
†Corresponding author, E-mail: D155447@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
-  Y. Yamane, “Special Issue on Difficult-to-Cut Materials, Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 255, 2013.
-  X. Wang, P. Y. Kwon, C. Sturtevant, D. W. Kim, and J. Lantrip, “Tool wear of coated drills in drilling CFRP,” Journal of Manufacturing Processes, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 127-135, 2013.
-  D. F. Liu, Y. J. Tang, and W. L. Cong, “A reveiew of mechanical driling for composite laminates,” Composite Structures, Vol.94, pp. 1265-1279, 2012.
-  W. C. Chen, “Some experimental investigation in the drilling of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) Composite Laminates,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manufact., Vol.37, No.8, pp. 1097-1108, 1997.
-  U. Heisel and T. Pfeifroth, “Influence of point angle on drill hole quality and machining forces when drilling CFRP,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.1, pp. 471-476, 2012.
-  Y. Karpat, B. Deger, and O. Vahtiyar, “Drilling thick fabric woven CFRP laminates with double point angle drills,” J. of Mat. Proc. Tech., Vol.212, pp. 2117-2127, 2012.
-  S. Tamura and T. Matsumura, “Cutting Force Prediction in Drilling of Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 59-66, 2015.
-  C. C. Tsao and H. Hocheng, “Parametric study on thrust force of core drill,” Journal of materials processing technology, Vol.192-193, pp. 37-40, 2007.
-  C. C. Tsao and Y. C. Chiu, “Evaluation of drilling parameters on thrust force in drilling carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) Composite Laminates Using Compound Core-special Drills,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manufact., Vol.51, pp. 740-744, 2011.
-  K. Y. Park, J. H. Choi, and D. G. Lee, “Delamination-Free and High Efficiency Drilling of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics,” Journal of Composite Materials, Vol.29, No.15, pp. 1988-2002, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.