Dexterous Creation of Soccer-Ball Pattern by Using Urethane Rubber
Kosuke Funatani*, Keiichi Nakamoto**, Anthony Beaucamp***, and Yoshimi Takeuchi*,†
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chubu University
1200 Matsumoto-cho, Kasugai, Aichi 487-8501, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
***Department of Micro-Engineering, Kyoto University
Cluster C3, Kyoto University Katsura, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8540, Japan
It is important to establish new approaches to create value-added products, such as craftwork or artistic goods, that are different from traditional methods of realizing high-quality and low-cost products. Such a production technology is commonly called “dexterous machining.” This study addresses the creation of artistic products by using soft materials with complicated shapes by employing an aqueous solution of sodium acetate to fix a workpiece and to suppress the deformation. Experimental results show that the use of an aqueous solution of sodium acetate has the potential to realize the “dexterous machining” of soft objects.
-  F. H. Japitana, K. Morishige, and Y. Takeuchi, “6-Axis Control Cutting of Overhanging Curved Grooves by Means of Non-Rotational Tool with Application of Ultrasonic Vibrations,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.44, pp. 479-486, 2004.
-  T. Umehara, K. Teramoto, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Tool Posture Determination for 5-Axis Control Machining by Are Division Method,” JSME Int. J., Series C, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 35-42, 2006.
-  K. Shirase, K. Nakamoto, E. Arai, and T. Moriwaki, “Real-Time Five-Axis Control Based on Digital Copy Milling Concept to Achieve Autonomous Milling,” Int. J. of Automation Tech., Vol.2, No.6, pp. 418-423, 2008.
-  Y. Takeuchi, Y. Yoneyama, T. Ishida, and T. Kawai, “6-Axis control ultraprecision micromachining on sculptured surface with non-rotational cutting tool,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.58, No.1, pp. 53-58, 2009.
-  K. Kubota, T. Kotani, K. Nakamoto, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of CAM System for Multi- Tasking Machine Tools,” J. of Adv. Mech. Design, Systems, and Manuf., JSME, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 816-826, 2010.
-  K. Shirase and K. Nakamaoto, “Simulation Technologies for the Development of an Autonomous and Intelligent machine Tool,” Int. J. of Automation Tech., Vol.7, No.1, pp. 6-15, 2013.
-  T. Hida, T. Asano, K. Nishita, N. Sakai, A. Goto, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of Online Real-Time Collision Free machining Using Simulation with CNC Openness,” Int. J. of Automation Tech., Vol.9, No.4, pp. 403-410, 2015.
-  J. Bretschneider and T. Menzel, “Virtual Optimization of Machine Tools and Production Processes,” Int. J. of Automation Tech., Vol.1, No.2, pp. 136-140, 2007.
-  M. Kanamaru, N. Sakai, A. Goto, and T. Hida, “Development of Simulation Technology for 5-Axis Machines – Verification of Material Removal Model and Collision Avoidance –,” Int. J. of Automation Tech., Vol.1, No.2, pp. 141-146, 2007.
-  N. Natsume, K. Nakamoto, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Dexterous machining of Complicated Shape Consisting of Bended Columns,” Proc. of 14th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics Technology (ICMT2010), Osaka, pp. 24-27, 2010.
-  K. Nakamoto, T. Fujimoto, Y. Kawaguchi, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Dexterous Machining of Chain-Shapes by Employing a Multi-Tasking Machine Tool,” Proc. of 15th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics Technology (ICMT2011), Melbourne, CD-ROM, pp. 59-62, 2011.
-  K. Nakamoto, R. Nishiyama, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “5-Axis Control Ultraprecision Dexterous Micromachining of Möobius Ring,” Proc. of 13th EUSPEN Int. Conf., Berlin, Vol.2, pp. 64-67, 2013.
-  D. Hamada, K. Nakamoto, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Dexterous Machining for a Complicated Shape with Nested Structure,” Proc. of 14th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics Technology (ICMT2010), mboxOsaka, pp. 28-31, 2010.
-  K. Nakamoto, R. Ueji, and Y. Takeuchi, “Dexterous Machining Soft Objects Difficult to Clump,” Trans. of JSME, Series C, Vol.79, No.808, pp. 4535-4542, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Takeuchi, “Dexterous Machining Aiming at High Value-added Products,” Int. J. of Prec. Eng. and Manuf.-Green Tech., Vol.1, No.3, pp. 177-181, 2014.
-  Y. Takeuchi, “Current State of the Art of Multi-Axis Control machine Tools and CAM System,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 529-539, 2014.
-  Y. Kakinuma, S. Kidani, and T. Aoyama, “Ultra-precision Cryogenic Machining of Viscoelastic Polymers,” CIRP Annals, Vol.61, No.1, pp. 79-82, 2012.
-  K. Nakamoto, T. Iizuka, and Y. Takeuchi, “Dexterous Machining of Soft Objects by Means of Flexible Clamper,” Int. J. of Automation Tech., Vol.9, No.1, pp. 83-88, 2015.
-  L. F. Cabeza, G. Svensson, S. Hiebler, and H. Mehling, “Thermal Performance of Sodium Acetate Trihydrate Thickened with Different Materials as Phase Change Energy Storage Material,” Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.23, pp. 1697-1704, 2003.
-  S. Furbo, J. Fan, E. Andersen, Z. Chen, Z. Chen, and B. Perers, “Development of Seasonal Heat Storage based on Stable Supercooling of a Sodium Acetate Water Mixture,” Energy Procedia, Vol.30, pp. 260-269, 2012.