An Application for 3D Grain Generation Based on t-FFD
Chiaki Shimada*, Kazuya G. Kobayashi*,†, and Katsutoshi Ootsubo**
*Toyama Prefectural University
5180 Kurokawa, Imizu, Toyama 939-0398, Japan
1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  Y. Ito, “SEISANBUNKARON,” (Argument of production culture), Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers (JUSE), pp. 215-220, 1997.
-  D. Uzuyama, K. Miura, and M. Kikuda, “Development of a Grain Milling System by Use of Digital Data,” 2009th The Japan Society for Precision Engineering Fall Meeting academic lecture Proc., pp. 889-890, 2009.
-  “Digital SHIBO DE KAKKOII JUSHI BUHIN” (Digital grain for nice Plastic parts), NIKKEI MONOTSUKURI, September, 2009.
-  D. Uzuyama, K. Miura, C. Kansei, and M. Kikuda, “Extension of Image Quilting into 3D and its Application to Grain Generation,” 2010th The Japan Society for Precision Engineering Spring Meeting academic lecture Proc., pp. 159-160, 2010.
-  F. C. Crow, “Summed-area tables for texture mapping,” ACM SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, Vol.18 Issue 3, pp. 207-212, 1984.
-  G. Mueller, R. Sarlette, and R. Klein, “Procedural editing of bidirectional texture functions,” EGSR’07 Proc. of the 18th Eurographics Conf. on Rendering Techniques, pp. 219-230, 2007.
-  J. Hirche et al., “Hardware accelerated per-pixel displacement mapping,” Proc. of Graphics interface 2004, Canadian Human-Computer Communications Society, 2004.
-  S. Gumhold and T. Hüuttner, “Multiresolution rendering with displacement mapping,” Proc. of the ACM SIGGRAPH/EUROGRAPHICS workshop on Graphics hardware, ACM, 1999.
-  M. Lundgren and E. Hrkalovic, “Review of Displacement Mapping Techniques and Optimization,” 2012.
-  R. Miyachi, S. Usuki, and K. T. Miura, “A Geometrical Grain Generation Method Using ABF++ and its evolution with a 3D printer,” 2014th The Japan Society for Precision Engineering Fall Meeting academic lecture Proc., pp. 527-528, 2014.
-  L. Wei and M. Levoy, “Texture synthesis over arbitrary manifold surfaces,” Proc. of the 28th annual Conf. on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, ACM, 2001.
-  K. Zhou et al., “Mesh quilting for geometric texture synthesis,” ACM Trans. on Graphics (TOG), Vol.25, No.3, pp. 690-697, 2006.
-  T. Kanai, H. Suzuki, and F. Kimura, “Metamorphosis of arbitrary triangular meshes,” Computer Graphics and Applications, IEEE, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 62-75, 2000.
-  T. Kanai, H. Suzuki, J. Mitani, and F. Kimura, “Interactive mesh fusion based on local 3D metamorphosis,” Proc. of Graphics Interface’99, pp. 148-156, 1999.
-  K. G. Kobayashi and K. Ootsubo, “t-FFD: Free-Form Deformation by using Triangular Mesh,” SM ’03 Proc. of the eighth ACM symposium on Solid modeling and applications, pp. 226-234, 2003.
-  J. Dupuy et al., “Linear efficient antialiased displacement and reflectance mapping,” ACM Trans. on Graphics (TOG), Vol.32, No.6, 211, 2013.
-  R. Szeliski, “Rapid octree construction from image sequences,” CVGIP: Image understanding, Vol.58, No.1, pp. 23-32, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.