Multi-Axis Control Ultraprecision Machining Based on Tool Setting Errors Compensation
Shinnosuke Baba*, Keiichi Nakamoto*, and Yoshimi Takeuchi**
*Tokyo University Agriculture and Technology
2-24-16 Naka-cho, Koganei, Tokyo, Japan
100 Matsumoto-cho, Kasugai, Aichi, Japan
-  M. Suematsu, T. Fujii, A. Kawahara, T. Tanimoto, T. Matsumoto, and H. Watanabe, “Ultra-precision linear motor positioning technique,” Jounal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 328-333, 1991.
-  G. Chapman, “Ultra-precision machining systems; an enabling technology for perfect surfaces,” Moore Nanotechnology Systems, 2004.
-  H. Suzuki, “Multi-axis controlled ultraprecision machining and measurement,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 227-232, 2009.
-  J. Otsuka and S. Hayama, “Special issue on precision and ultraprecision positioning,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3. pp. 223-226, 2009.
-  E. Brinksmeier, Y. Mutlugüunes, F. Klocke, J. C. Aurich, P. Shore, and H. Ohmori., “Ultra-precision grinding,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59. No.2, pp. 652-671, 2010.
-  H. Sawano, R. Kobayashi, H. Yoshioka, and H. Shinno, “A proposed ultraprecision machining process monitoring method using causal network model of air spindle system,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 362-368, 2011.
-  Y. Nakao, K. Suzuki, K. Yamada, and K. Nagasaka, “Feasibility study on design of spindle supported by high-stiffness water hydrostatic thrust bearing,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 530-538, 2014.
-  X. Jiang, P. Scott, and D. Whitehouse, “Freeform surface characterisation-A fresh strategy,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 553-556, 2007.
-  J. S. Lin, W. L. Tai, C. L. Lai, and Y. Takeuchi, “New daylight panel design using ultra-precision machining,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 89-98, 2009.
-  H. Sawano, M. Takahashi, H. Yoshioka, H. Shinno, and K. Mitsu, “On-machine optical surface profile measuring system for nano-machining,” Int. J of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 369-376, 2011.
-  F. Z. Fang, X. D. Zhang, A. Weckenmann, G. X. Zhang, and C. Evans, “Manufacturing and measurement of freeform optics,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.62, No.2, pp. 823-846, 2013.
-  R. Huang, X. Zhang, M. Rahman, A. S. Kumar, and K. Liu, “Ultra-precision machining of radial Fresnel lens on roller moulds,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.64, No.1, 2015.
-  Y. Takeuchi, K. Sawada, and T. Sara, “Manufacture of micropropellers by means of ultraprecision milling machine” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.9, pp. 475-479 1997.
-  D. J. Cox, G. Newby, H. W. Park, Y. L. Steven, W. L. Liu, S. B. Hsieh, and J. Hwang, “Precision machining with micro-scale vertical machining center,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 187-195, 2006.
-  C. Y. Chan, L. H. Li, W. B. Lee, and H. C. Wong, “Monitoring life of diamond tool in ultra-precision machining,” The Int. Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.1, No.12, 2015.
-  Y. Takeuchi, H. Yonekura, and K. Sawada, “Creation of 3-D tiny statue by 5-axis control ultraprecision machining,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.35, No.4, pp. 403-409, 2003.
-  K. Nakamoto, T. Ishida, N. Kitamura, and Y. Takeuchi, “Fabrication of microinducer by 5-axis control ultraprecision micromilling,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.60, No.1, pp. 407-410, 2011.
-  K. Nakamoto, R Nishiyama, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “5-axis control ultraprecision dexterous micromachining of Möobius ring,” Proc. of European Society for Precision Engineering & Nanotechnology, Vol.2, pp. 64-67, 2013.
-  M. Sono, Y. Sakaida, T. Kawai, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of tool setting error compensation method for 5-axis control ultraprecision machining,” In Proc. of ASPE 20th Annual Meeting, Vol.435, 2005.
-  K. Nakamoto, K. Sugiyama, and Y. Takeuchi, “Tool setting of error compensation for multi-axis control ultra-precision machining,” Proc. of European Society for Precision Engineering & Nanotechnology, Vol.2, pp. 43-46, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.