A Low-Profile Planar Motion Table System Driven by Steel Belt
Hayato Yoshioka*, Hidenori Shinno**, and Hiroshi Sawano***
*Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
**Precision and Intelligence Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology
4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8503, Japan
***Department of Mechanical Engineering, Meiji University
1-1-1 Higashimita, Tama-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 214-8571, Japan
-  R. Sato, “Generation Mechanism of Quadrant Glitches and Compensation for it in Feed Drive Systems of NC Machine Tools,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.2, pp. 154-162, 2012.
-  H. Yachi, and H. Tachiya, “CalibrationMethod for a Parallel Mechanism Type Machine Tool by Response Surface Methodology –Consideration via Simulation on a Stewart Platform Mechanism –,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 355-363, 2010.
-  T. Onodera, E. Suzuki, M. Ding, H. Takemura, and H. Mizoguchi, “Force, Stiffness and Viscous Damping Control of a Stewart-Platform-Type Ankle-Foot Rehabilitation Assist Device with Pneumatic Actuator,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 897-905, 2013.
-  H. Shinno, H. Yoshioka, and H. Sawano, “A framework for systematizing machine tool engineering,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.6, pp. 760-768, 2013.
-  H. Yoshioka and H. Shinno, “Design Concept and Structural Configuration of Advanced Nano-Pattern Generator with Large Work Area ‘ANGEL’,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 38-44, 2011.
-  Y. Kurisaki, H. Sawano, H. Yoshioka, and H. Shinno, “A Newly Developed X-Y Planar Nano-Motion Table System with Large Travel Ranges,” Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 976-984, 2010.
-  H. Shinno, H. Yoshioka, T. Gokan, and H. Sawano, “A Newly Developed Three-dimensional Profile Scanner with Nanometer Spatial Resolution,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59, No.1, pp. 525-528, 2010.
-  K. Nishizawa and K. Kishi, “Development of Interference-Free Wire-Driven Joint Mechanism for Surgical Manipulator Systems,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 116-121, 2004.
-  T. H. C. Childs, “The contact and friction between flat belt and pulleys,” Int. Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol.22. No.2. pp. 117-126, 1980.
-  A. S. Kulkarni and M. A. El-Sharkawi, “Intelligent precision position control of elastic drive systems,” IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol.16, No.1, pp. 26-31, 2001.
-  W. Li and M. Rehani, “Modeling and control of a belt-drive positioning table,” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE IECON 22nd Int. Conf. on Industrial Electronics, Control, and Instrumentation, Vol.3, pp. 1984-1989, 1996.
-  S. Abrate, “Vibration of belts and belt drives,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol.27, No.6, pp. 645-659, 1992.
-  J. Moon and J. A. Wickert, “Non-linear vibration of power transmission belts,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol.200, No.4, pp. 419-431, 1997.
-  A. Shimokobe, H. Aoyama, S. Katagiri, and K. Umezawa, “Belt Drive of Linear Air Slide (1st report),” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.53, No.6, pp. 915-920, 1987 (in Japanese).
-  N. Uchida, Y. Takahashi, N. Yamada, and T. Hirokawa, “A Precice Vertical X-Y Stage with Weight Compensating Mechanism – Friction Effects on Positionoing Characteristics –,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.54, No.5, pp. 884-889, 1988 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.