A Newly Developed Multi-Axis Controlled Turning Machine Equipped with a Swing Type Turret Head
Kenichi Nakanishi*, Manabu Sawada*, Jiro Sakamoto**
*Nakamura-Tome Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Ro15 Netsuno, Hakusan, Ishikawa, Japan
Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
In order to improve the productivity and flexibility of the conventional turning machines, multi-tasking turning machines are developed to simultaneously perform several machining operations. In this study, a multi-axis controlled turning machine equipped with a swing-type B-axis turret head is developed that allows multiple turning processes to be performed. In particular, the structural design of the turret head is discussed in detail.
-  Japan Machine Tool Builder’s Association, “Design studies of the machine tool,” pp. 12-19, 2007.
-  Y. Itoh, “Use studies of the machine tool,” Japan Machine Tool Builder’s Association, pp. 43-60, 2014.
-  H. Shinno, H. Yoshioka, and H. Sawano, “A Framework for Systematizing Machine Tool Engineering,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.6, 2013.
-  M. Nakaminami, T. Tokuma, T. Moriwaki, and K. Nakamoto, “Optimal Structure Design Methodology for Compound Multi-axis Machine tools I,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, 2007.
-  N. Sugimura, S. Ueno, N. Mishima, and S. Hachiga, “Design and Evaluation of a New-Type Multifunctional Machine Tool – Functional Requirements and Design –,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.6, 1997.
-  G. Tashiro, R. Sato, and K. Shirase, “Mathematical Model of Machine Tools to Analyze Coupled Vibration of Machine Structure and Feed Drive Systems,” Proc. of JSPE Semestrial Meeting, 2013S(0), pp. 715-716, 2013.
-  T. Hoshi, “Vibration Analysis of Machine Tool,” Kogyo Chosakai Publishing Co., pp. 143-147, 1990.
-  M. Yoshimura, “Analysis of Evaluative Parameters for Static and Vibrational Characteristics at the Fundamental Design Stage of Machine Tool Structure,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.48, No.4, pp. 492-497, 1982.
-  T. Sata, N. Okubo, and Y. Takeuchi, “Computer System for Analysis of Machine Tool Structure (1st Report) Static and Dynamic Rigidity Analysis,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.42, No.502, pp. 955-960, 1976.
-  N. Okubo, Y. Takeuchi, and T. Sata, “Computer System for Analysis of Machine Tool Structure (3rd Report) Application to Structure Design,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.43, No.506, pp. 174-180, 1977.
-  M. Nakaminami, T. Tokuma, K. Matsumoto, S. Sakashita, T. Moriwaki, and K. Nakamoto, “Optimal Structure Design Methodology for Compound Multi-axis Machine tools II,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, 2007.
-  D. Kono, S. Weikert, A. Matsubara, and K. Yamazaki, “Estimation of Dynamic Mechanical Error for Evaluation of Machine Tool Structures,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.2, 2012.
-  K. Nakamura, A. Yoshitani, S. Shimizu, and H. Sakamoto, “Proposition of High Accuracy Identification Method of Contact Stiffness of Joint,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series A, Vol.79, No.807, 2013.
-  S. Shinji , H. Seishiro, S. Haruhisa, and Y. Shinsuke, “Influence of shape of joint surface on behavior of bending deformation in jointed structure,” Proc. of JSPE Semestrial Meeting, 2008S(0), pp. 613-614, 2008.
-  Zhangyong Yu, Keiichi Nakamoto, Tohru Ishida, and Yoshimi Takeuchi: Interactive Design-Assistance System of Machine Tool Structure in Conceptual and Fundamental Design Stage, Int. J. Automation Technology Vol.4 No.3, 2010.
-  Z. Yu, K. Nakamoto, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of an Interactive Assistance System for Machine Tool Structure Design Considering of Sliding Joint Damping,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.5, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.