A Newly Developed Multi-Axis Controlled Turning Machine Equipped with a Swing Type Turret Head
Kenichi Nakanishi*, Manabu Sawada*, Jiro Sakamoto**
*Nakamura-Tome Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
Ro15 Netsuno, Hakusan, Ishikawa, Japan
Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
In order to improve the productivity and flexibility of the conventional turning machines, multi-tasking turning machines are developed to simultaneously perform several machining operations. In this study, a multi-axis controlled turning machine equipped with a swing-type B-axis turret head is developed that allows multiple turning processes to be performed. In particular, the structural design of the turret head is discussed in detail.
-  Japan Machine Tool Builder’s Association, “Design studies of the machine tool,” pp. 12-19, 2007.
-  Y. Itoh, “Use studies of the machine tool,” Japan Machine Tool Builder’s Association, pp. 43-60, 2014.
-  H. Shinno, H. Yoshioka, and H. Sawano, “A Framework for Systematizing Machine Tool Engineering,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.6, 2013.
-  M. Nakaminami, T. Tokuma, T. Moriwaki, and K. Nakamoto, “Optimal Structure Design Methodology for Compound Multi-axis Machine tools I,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, 2007.
-  N. Sugimura, S. Ueno, N. Mishima, and S. Hachiga, “Design and Evaluation of a New-Type Multifunctional Machine Tool – Functional Requirements and Design –,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.6, 1997.
-  G. Tashiro, R. Sato, and K. Shirase, “Mathematical Model of Machine Tools to Analyze Coupled Vibration of Machine Structure and Feed Drive Systems,” Proc. of JSPE Semestrial Meeting, 2013S(0), pp. 715-716, 2013.
-  T. Hoshi, “Vibration Analysis of Machine Tool,” Kogyo Chosakai Publishing Co., pp. 143-147, 1990.
-  M. Yoshimura, “Analysis of Evaluative Parameters for Static and Vibrational Characteristics at the Fundamental Design Stage of Machine Tool Structure,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.48, No.4, pp. 492-497, 1982.
-  T. Sata, N. Okubo, and Y. Takeuchi, “Computer System for Analysis of Machine Tool Structure (1st Report) Static and Dynamic Rigidity Analysis,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.42, No.502, pp. 955-960, 1976.
-  N. Okubo, Y. Takeuchi, and T. Sata, “Computer System for Analysis of Machine Tool Structure (3rd Report) Application to Structure Design,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.43, No.506, pp. 174-180, 1977.
-  M. Nakaminami, T. Tokuma, K. Matsumoto, S. Sakashita, T. Moriwaki, and K. Nakamoto, “Optimal Structure Design Methodology for Compound Multi-axis Machine tools II,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, 2007.
-  D. Kono, S. Weikert, A. Matsubara, and K. Yamazaki, “Estimation of Dynamic Mechanical Error for Evaluation of Machine Tool Structures,” Int. Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.2, 2012.
-  K. Nakamura, A. Yoshitani, S. Shimizu, and H. Sakamoto, “Proposition of High Accuracy Identification Method of Contact Stiffness of Joint,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series A, Vol.79, No.807, 2013.
-  S. Shinji , H. Seishiro, S. Haruhisa, and Y. Shinsuke, “Influence of shape of joint surface on behavior of bending deformation in jointed structure,” Proc. of JSPE Semestrial Meeting, 2008S(0), pp. 613-614, 2008.
-  Zhangyong Yu, Keiichi Nakamoto, Tohru Ishida, and Yoshimi Takeuchi: Interactive Design-Assistance System of Machine Tool Structure in Conceptual and Fundamental Design Stage, Int. J. Automation Technology Vol.4 No.3, 2010.
-  Z. Yu, K. Nakamoto, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of an Interactive Assistance System for Machine Tool Structure Design Considering of Sliding Joint Damping,” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.5, 2011.