Efficient Fabrication Process of Metal Nanodot Arrays Using Direct Nanoimprinting Method with a Polymer Mold
Potejana Potejanasak*, Masahiko Yoshino*, Motoki Terano*, and Masahiro Mita**
*Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
** Kyodo International Inc.
2-10-9 Miyazaki, Miyamae-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 216-003, Japan
-  D. Mortazavi, A. Z. Kouzani, A. Kaynak, and W. Duan, “Developing LSPR design guidelines,” Prog. Electromagn. Res., Vol.126, pp. 203-235, 2012.
-  Y. Hong, Y. M. Huh, D. S. Yoon, and J. Yang, “Nanobiosensors based on localized surface plasmon resonance for biomarker detection,” J. Nanomaterials., Vol.2012, pp. 759-830, 2012.
-  M. P. Raphael, J. A. Christodoulides, S. M. Mulvaney, M. M. Miller, J. P. Long, and J. M. Byers,“A new methodology for quantitative LSPR biosensing and imaging,” Anal. Chem., Vol.84, pp. 1367-1373, 2012.
-  H. J. Parab, C. Jung, J. H. Lee, and H. G. Park, “A gold nano-rod based optical DNA biosensor for the diagnos of pathogens,” Biosens. Bioelectron., Vol.26, pp. 667-67, 2010.
-  B. Sepulveda, P. C. Angelome, L. M. Lechuga, and L. M. Liz-Marzan, “LSPR-based nanobiosensors,” Nanotoday, Vol.4, pp. 244-251, 2009.
-  M. Kajiura, T. Nakanishi, H. Iida, H. Takada, and T. Osaka, “Biosensing by optical waveguide spectroscopy based on localized surface plasmon resonance of gold nanoparticles used as a probe or as a label,” J. Colloid. Interf. Sci., Vol.335, pp. 140-145, 2009.
-  D. Li, L. Qin, D. X. Qi, F. Gao, R. W. Peng, J. Zou, Q. J. Wang, and M. Wang, “Tunable electric and magnetic resonances in multilayered metal/dielectric nanoplates at optical frequencies,” J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Vol.43, 345102, 2010.
-  Y. Lin, Y. Zou, Y. Mo, J. Guo, and R. G. Lindquist, “E-beam patterned gold nanodot arrays on optical fiber tips for localized surface plasmon resonance biochemical sensing,” Sensors, Vol.10, pp. 9397-9406, 2010.
-  J. Taniguchi, T. Manabe, and K. Ishikawa, “Fabrication of less than 20-nm-diameter nanodot arrays using inorganic “electron beam resist and post exposure bake”,” Int. J. of Automation Technology., Vol.5, No.3, pp. 349-352, 2011.
-  L. Wang, W. Xiong, Y. Nishijima, Y. Yokota, K. Ueno, H. Misawa, J. Qiu, and G. Bi, “Spectral properties of nanoengineered Ag/Au bilayer rods fabricated by electronbeam lithography,” Appl. Opt., Vol.50, No.28, pp. 5600-5605, 2011.
-  Y. K. Yoon, J. H. Park, and M. G. Allen, “Multidirectional UV lithography for complex 3-D MEMS structures,” J. Microelectromech. Syst., Vol.15, No.5, pp. 1121-1130, 2006.
-  H. Shinohara, M. Fukuhara, T. Hirasawa, J. Mizuno, and S. Shoji, “Fabrication of magnetic nanodots arrays using UV nanoimprinting lithography and electrodeposition for high density patterned media,” J. Photopolym. Sci. Tec., Vol.21, No.4, pp. 591-596, 2008.
-  M. Yoshino, N. Umehara, and S. Aravindan, “Development of functional surface by nano-plastic forming,” Wear., Vol.26, pp. 581-584, 2009.
-  W. Kurnia and M. Yoshino, “Nano/micro structure fabrication of metal surface using the combination of nanoplastic forming, coating and roller imprinting processes,” J. Micromech. Microeng. Vol.19, 125028, 2009.
-  M. Yoshino, M. Terano, R. Hotoda, and M. Mita, “Development of a nano structured foil mold for the templated thermal dewetting of a nanodot array,” Proc. of Conf. of the JSME/ASME 2014 Int. Conf. on Materials and Processing (ICMP2014), 2014.
-  C. H. Yao, C. L. Wu, and C. K. Sung, “Effects of thin film properties on metallic pattern formation by direct nano imprinting,” J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol.201, pp. 765-769, 2008.
-  S. Y. Chou, P. R. Krauss, and P. J. Renstrom, “Imprint of sub-25nm vias and trenches in polymers,” Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol.67, No.21, pp. 3114-3116, 1995.
-  B. Chen, M. Mokume, C. Liu, and K. Hayashi, “Structure and localized surface plasmon tuning of sputtered Au nano-islands through thermal annealing,” Vacuum, Vol.110, pp. 94-101, 2014.
-  T. D. Phuc, A. Yamanaka, and M. Yoshino, “Rapid fabrication of an ordered nano-dot array by the combination of nano-plastic forming and annealing methods,” J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol.21, 125017, pp. 1-9, 2011.
-  T. D. Phuc, M. Yoshino, A. Yamanaka, and T. Yamamoto, “Effects of morphology of nanodots on localized surface plasmon resonance property,” Int. J. of Automation Technology., Vol.8, No.1, pp. 74-82, 2014.
-  D. Guo, G. Xie, and J. Luo, “Mechanical properties of nanoparticles basics and applications,” J. Phys. D: Appl, Phys., Vol.47, 013001, 2014.
-  M. Ramos, L. O. Jordan, A. H. Macias, S. Flores, J. T. Elizalde-Galindo, C. Rocha, B. Torres, M. Z. Chaleshtori, and R. R. Chianelli, “Hardness and elastic modulas on six-fold symmetry gold nanoparticles,” Materials., Vol.6, pp. 198-205, 2013.
-  M. Yoshino, Z. Li, and M. Terano, “Theoretical and experimental study of metallic dot agglomeration induced by thermal dewetting,” ASME J. of Micro and Nano-Manufacturing, Vol.3, Issue 2, 021004.
-  T. Young, “An Essay on the Cohesion of Fluids,” Philosophical Trans. of the Royal Society of London, Vol.95, pp. 65-87, 1805.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.