Calibration Using Cylindrical Artifacts for 3D Laser Measurement System
Mechanical Engineering Center, High Energy Accelerator Research Organization
1-1 Oho, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0801, Japan
We propose a new calibration method for 3D laser measurement systems used for inspecting the insides of industrial parts such as vessels and pipes. We developed the proposed calibration system using a cylindrical artifact such that the calibration is simple and easy to perform. We simulated and analyzed the proposed cylindrical artifact calibration method and the results demonstrate its adequacy.
-  K. Enami, T. Kume, Y. Higashi, and K. Ueno, “3D Measurement of Internal Shape of Accelerator Cavities,” Asian Symposium for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, Kita-Kyusyu, 1A2-15, 2009.
-  O. Sato, K. Shimojima, R. Furutani, and K. Takamasu, “Artefact calibration of parallel mechanism, kinematic calibration with a priori knowledge,” Measurement Science and Technology, Vol.15, issue 6, pp. 1158-1165, 2004.
-  K. Umetsu, R. Furutani, S. Osawa, T. TkatsujiI, and T. Kurosawa, “Optimization of Measurement Strategy for calibration of Coordinate Measuring Machine,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.70, No.9, pp. 1174-1179, 2004.
-  S. Osawa and O. Sato, “Industrial standardization of evaluation of non-contact CMM,” Measurement standards and metrology management., Vol.57, No.2, pp. 2-6, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Enami, T. Kume, Y. Higashi, and K. Ueno, “3D Measurement of Inner Shape of Accelerator Cavities,” ISMQC (Int. Symposium on Measurement and Quality Control) 2010 Proc., Osaka, Japan, pp. 1899-1902, 2010.
-  K. Enami, T. Kume, Y. Higashi, and K. Ueno, “3D Measurement of the Inner Shape of a 1-Cell Accelerator Cavity,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 156-161, 2011.
-  K. Enami, T. Kume, Y. Higashi, and K. Ueno, “Development of non-contact 3D measurement system for parts of accelerator cavities,” euspen 2011, P4.15, Como, Italy, May 26, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.