Calibrator for 2D Grid Plate Using Imaging Coordinate Measuring Machine with Laser Interferometers
Mariko Kajima, Tsukasa Watanabe, Makoto Abe, and Toshiyuki Takatsuji
National Metrology Institute of Japan, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8563, Japan
A calibrator for 2D grid plates have been developed. The calibrator was based on a commercial imaging coordinate measuring machine (imaging CMM). A laser interferometer for the calibration of the x-coordinate and two laser interferometers for the calibration of the y-coordinate were attached to the imaging CMM. By applying multistep measurement method for the calibration procedure, the geometrical error in the calibrator was reduced. The calibration of a precision 2D grid plate was demonstrated, and the expanded uncertainty was estimated to be 0.2 μm (k =2).
-  H. Bosse, W. H”assler-Grohne, J. Flüugge, and R. Köoning, “Final report on CCL-S3 supplementary line scale comparison Nano3,” Vol.40, p. 04002, 2003.
-  B. Acko, “Final report on EUROMET Key Comparison EUROMET.L-K7: Calibration of line scales,” Metrologia, Vol.49, p. 04006, 2012.
-  The BIPM key comparison database, http://kcdb.bipm.org/
[Accessed February 1, 2015]
-  H. Bosse and G. Wilkening, “Developments at PTB in nanometrology for support of the semiconductor industry,” Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol.16, pp. 2155-2166, 2005.
-  R. Köoning, C. Weichert, B. Przebierala, J. Flüugge, W. H”assler-Grohne, and H. Bosse, “Implementing registration measurements on photomasks at the Nanometer Comparator,” Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol.23, p. 094010, 2012.
-  F. Meli, “Calibration of Photomasks for Optical Coordinate Metrology,” Proc. SPIE, Vol.4401, Recent Developments in Traceable Dimensional Measurements, p. 227, 2011.
-  I. Fujima, Y. Fujimoto, K. Sasaki, H. Yoshimori, S. Iwasaki, S. Telada, and H. Matsumoto, “Laser interferometer for calibration of a line scale module with analog output,” Proc. of SPIE, Vol.5190, pp. 102-110, 2003.
-  J. Ye, M. Takac, C. N. Bergulund, G. Owen, and R. F. Pease, “An exact algorithm for self-calibration of two-dimensional precision metrology stages,” Prec. Engn., Vol.20, pp. 16-32, 1997.
-  P. Ekberg, L. Stiblert, and L. Mattsson, “A new general approach for solving the self-calibration problem on large area 2D ultra-precision coordinate measurement machines,” Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol.25, p. 055001, 2014.
-  R. Miyashiro and Y. Fukugawa, “Optimization of alignment in semiconductor lithography equipment,” Prec. Engn., Vol.33, pp. 327-332, 2009.
-  W. Gao, Y. Arai, A. Shibuya, S. Kiyono, and C. H. Park, “Measurement of multi-degree-of-freedom error motions of a precision linear air-bearing stage,” Prec. Eng., Vol.30, pp. 96-103, 2006.
-  S. Osawa, K. Busch, M. Franke, and H. Schwenke, “Multiple orientation technique for the calibration of cylindrical workpieces on CMMs,” Prec. Engin., Vol.29, pp. 56-64, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.