A MOEMS Accelerometer Based on Diffraction Grating with Improved Mechanical Structure
Qianbo Lu, Wenxiu Lian, Shuqi Lou, Chen Wang, Jian Bai, and Guoguang Yang
State Key Laboratory of Modern Optical Instrumentation, Zhejiang University
No.38, Zheda Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310027, China
-  A. R. Schuler and K. A. Fegley, “Measuring rotational motion with linear accelerometers,” IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst. AES-3, pp. 465-472, 1967.
-  B. E. Boser and R. T. Howe, “Surfaced micromachined accelerometers,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol.31, pp. 366-375, 1996.
-  N. Yazdi, F. Ayazi, and K. Najafi, “Micromachined inertial sensors,” Proc. IEEE, Vol.86, pp. 1640-1659, 1998.
-  G. A. Macdonald, “A review of low cost accelerometers for vehicle dynamics,” Sens. Actuators A, Vol.21, pp. 303-307, 1990.
-  H. Tanaka, A. Nakata, and H. Ide, “Study of Motion Monitoring Using an Accelerometer Unrestrained Measurement,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.11, No.2, 1999.
-  Y. Wu and X. Zeng et al., “MOEMS accelerometer based on microfiber knot resonator,” Proc. of SPIE 7503 (75036), 2009.
-  C. Hou and Y. Wu et al., “Novel high sensitivity accelerometer based on a microfiber loop resonator,” Opt. Eng., Vol.49, No.1, 014402, 2010.
-  Y. Wu and X. Liu et al., “Structure Design of MI-Z Interference MOEMS Accelerometer,” Int. Technology and Innovation Conf., pp. 1801-1807, 2006.
-  M. Stephens, “a sensitive interferometric accelerometer,” Rev. Sci. Instrum., Vol.64, No.9, pp. 2612-2614, 1993.
-  K. Zandi and B. Wong et al., “In-plane silicon-on-insulator optical MEMS accelerometer using waveguide Fabry-Perot microcavity with silicon/air bragg mirrors,” IEEE Conf. on MEMS, pp. 839-842, 2010.
-  L. Feng and H. Liu et al., “MOEMS accelerometer based on double Fabry-Perot interferometers and closed loop,” J. of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol.32, No.6, pp. 691-694, 2006.
-  N. A. Hall, M. Okandan, R. Littrell, D. K. Serkland, G. A. Keeler, K. Peterson, B. Bicen, C. T. Garcia, and F. L. Degertekin, “Micromachined Accelerometers With Optical Interferometric Read-Out and Integrated Electrostatic Actuation,” J. of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 37-43, 2008.
-  L. Chen, Q. Lin, S. Li, and X. Wu, “Optical accelerometer based on high-order diffraction beam interference,” Applied Optics, Vol.49, No.14, pp. 2658-2664, 2010.
-  E. B. Cooper and E. R. Post et al., “high-resolution micromachined interferometric accelerometer,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.76, No.22, pp. 3316-3318, 2000.
-  N. A. Hall and M. Okandan et al., “micromachined accelerometers with optical interferometric read out and integrated electroelastic actuation,” J. of Microelectromechanical systems, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 37-44, 2008.
-  N. C. Loh and M. A. Schmidt et al., “sub-10 cm3 interferometric accelerometers with nano-g resolution,” J. of Microelectromechanical systems, Vol.11, No.3, 182-187, 2002.
-  M. Born and E. Wolf, “Principles of Optics, 6th ed.,” Pergamon Press, Oxford, pp. 370-380, 1980.
-  S. Zhao and J. Zhang et al., “Optical accelerometer based on grating interferometer with phase modulation technique,” Applied Optics, Vol.51, No.29, pp. 7005-7010, 2012.
-  T. Mineta and S. Kobayashi et al., “Three-axis capacitive accelerometer with uniform axial sensitivities,” J. of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 431-435, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.