Determination of Aspect Ratio Limitations, Accuracy and Repeatability of a Laser Line Scanning CMM Probe
Bart Boeckmans*, Min Zhang*,**, Frank Welkenhuyzen*, and Jean-Pierre Kruth*
*Department Mechanical Engineering, Division Production Engineering, Machine Design and Automation, KU Leuven
Celestijnenlaan 300, B-3001 Leuven, Belgium
**Beijing Engineering Research Center of Precision Measurement Technology and Instruments,
Beijing University of Technology (BJUT)
Beijing 100124, China
-  S. Osawa, T. Takatsuji, T. Kurosawa, R. Furutani, and M. Shibata, “Traceability system of coordinate measuring machines through internet,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.70, No.4, pp. 528-532, 2004.
-  K. Umetsu, R. Furutani, S. Osawa, T. Takatsuji, and T. Kurosawa, “Optimization of measurement strategy for calibration of coordinate measuring machine,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.70, No.9, pp. 1174-1179, 2004.
-  Y. Asano, R. Furutani, and M. Ozaki, “Verification of interim check method of CMM,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 115-119, 2011.
-  J. Matsuda, “Uncertainty analysis of three-dimensional coordinate measuring machines,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 140-145, 1997.
-  Y. Takaya, “In-process and on-machine measurement of machining accuracy for process and product quality management: a review,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 4-19, 2014.
-  O. Jusko, M. Neugebauer, H. Reimann, and R. Berhardt, “Recent progress in CMM-based form measurement,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 170-175, 2015.
-  S. Ibaraki and Y. Ota, “Error calibration for five-axis machine tools by on-the-machine measurement using a touch-trigger probe,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 20-27, 2014.
-  Y. Ihara and T. Nagasawa, “Fundamental study of the on-machine measurement in the machining center with a touch trigger probe,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, No.5, pp. 523-536, 2013.
-  N. Van Gestel, S. Cuypers, P. Bleys, and J.-P. Kruth, “A performance evaluation test for laser line scanners on CMMs,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol.47, pp. 336-342, 2009.
-  H. Hamana, M. Tominaga, M. Ozaki, and R. Furutani, “Calibration of articulated arm coordinate measuring machine considering measuring posture,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 109-114, 2011.
-  A. Weckenmann, X. Jiang, K.-D. Sommer, U. Neuschaefer-Rube, J. Seewig, L. Shaw, and T. Estler, “Multisensor data fusion in dimensional metrology,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology Vol.58, No.2, pp. 701-721, 2009.
-  H. Zhao, J.-P. Kruth, B. Boeckmans, N. Van Gestel, and P. Bleys, “Automated dimensional inspection planning using the combination of laser scanner and tactile probe,” Measurement, Vol.55, No.5, pp. 1057-1066, 2012.
-  A. Contri, P. Bourdet, and C. Lartigue, “Quality of 3D digitized points obtained with non-contact optical sensors,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.51, No.1, pp. 443-446, 2002.
-  C. Lartigue, A. Contri, and P. Bourdet, “Digitised point quality in relation with point exploitation,” Measurement, Vol.6, pp. 193-203, 2002.
-  H. Feng, Y. Liu, and F. Xi, “Analysis of digitizing errors of a laser scanning system,” Precision Engineering, Vol.25, pp. 185-191, 2001.
-  Y. Tan, “Scanning and post-processing parameter optimization for CT dimensional metrology,” Ph.D. Thesis, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2015 (in press).
-  B. Boeckmans, Y. Tan, F. Welkenhuyzen, Y. S. Guo, W. Dewulf, and J.-P. Kruth, “Roughness offset differences between contact and non-contact measurements,” Proc. of Euspen 15th Int. Conf., 2015, in press.
-  B. Igor, N. Van Gestel, J.-P. Kruth, P. Bleys, and J. Hodolivc, “Accuracy improvement of laser line scanning for feature measurements on CMM,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol.45, No.11, pp. 1274-1211, 2011.
-  A. Bernard and M. Véeron, “Analysis and Validation of 3D Laser Sensor Scanning Process,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.48, No.1, pp. 111-114, 1999.
-  B. Boeckmans, F. Welkenhuyzen, and J.-P. Kruth, “Accuracy verification of a laser line scanner probe,” Laser Metrology and Machine Performance X, pp. 279-288, 2013.
-  B. Boeckmans, M. Zhang, F. Welkenhuyzen, W. Dewulf, and J.-P. Kruth, “CMM sensor evaluation method with machine error exclusion,” Laser Metrology and Machine Performance XI, 2015.
-  ISO 14253-1:1998. GPS – Inspection by measurement of workpieces and measuring equipment – Part 1: Decision rules for proving conformance or non-conformance with specifications.
-  ISO 14253-2:2011, GPS – Inspection by measurement of workpieces and measuring equipment – Part 2: Guide to the estimation of uncertainty in GPS measurement, in calibration of measuring equipment and in product verification.
-  ISO, GUM, JCGM 100:2008: Evaluation of measurement data – Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement.
-  ISO 10360-8:2013. Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) – Acceptance and reverification test for coordinate measuring machines (CMM) – Part 8: CMMs with optical distance sensors.
-  ISO 10360-1:2000, Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) – Acceptance and reverification tests for coordinate measuring machines (CMM) – Part 1: Vocabulary.
-  B. Boeckmans, M. Zhang, F. Welkenhuyzen, W. Dewulf, and J.-P. Kruth, “Comparison of aspect ratio, accuracy and repeatability of a laser line scanning probe and a tactile probe,” Proc. of the 11th IMEKO Symposium (LMPMI2014), A14, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.