Elliptical Vibration Cutting of Hardened Steel with Large Nose Radius Single Crystal Diamond Tool
Yilong Wang* and Eiji Shamoto**
*Makino Milling Machine Co. Ltd., 4023 Nakatsu, Aikawa-Machi, Aiko-Gun, Kanagawa 243-0303, Japan
**Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
-  T. Altan, B. Lilly, and Y. C. Yen, “Manufacturing of Dies and Molds,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.50, Issure 2, pp. 404-422, 2001.
-  S.Watanabe, “Optimization of Design and Production Processes of Dies and Molds in Which CAD/CAM the Core Technology,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 472-478, 2008.
-  T. Altan, B. W. Lilly, J. P. Kruth, W. König, H. K. Tönshoff, C. A. Luttervelt van, and A. B. Khairy, “Advanced Techniques for Die and Mold Manufacturing,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.42, Issue 2, pp. 707-716, 1993.
-  J. Vivancos, C. J. Luis, L. Costa, and J. A. Ortiz, “Optimal Machining Parameters Selection in High Speed Milling of Hardened Steels for Injection Moulds,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.155-156, pp. 1505-1512, 2004.
-  H. Iwabe and K. Enta, “Tool Life of Small Diameter Ball End Mill for High Speed Milling of Hardened Steel,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 425-430, 2008.
-  P. Krajnik and J. Kopac, “Modern machining of die and mold tools,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.157-158, pp. 543-552, 2004.
-  A. T. Ozyılmaz, G. Kardas, M. Erbil, and B. Yazıcı, “The Corrosion Performance of Polyaniline on Nickel Plated Mild Steel,” Applied Surface Science, Vol.242, Issues 1-2, pp. 97-106, 2005.
-  A. Shinozaki and Y. Namba, “Diamond Tool Wear in the Ultra-Precision Cutting of Large Electroless Nickel Coated Molding Dies,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 283-288, 2011.
-  A. Pramanik, K. S. Neo, M. Rahman, X. P. Li, M. Sawa, and Y. Maeda, “Cutting performance of diamond tools during ultraprecision turning of electroless-nickel plated die materials,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.140, Issues 1-3, pp. 308-313, 2003.
-  E. Shamoto and T. Moriwaki, “Ultraprecision diamond cutting of hardened steel by applying elliptical vibration cutting,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.48, Issue 1, pp. 441-444, 1999.
-  Y. Wang, N. Suzuki, E. Shamoto, and Q. Zhao, “Investigation of Tool Wear Suppression in Ultra-precision Diamond Machining of Hardened Steel,” Precision Engineering, Vol.35, Issue 4, pp. 677-685, 2011.
-  N. Suzuki, H. Yokoi, and E. Shamoto, “Micro/nano Sculpturing of Hardened Steel by Controlling Vibration Amplitude in Elliptical Vibration Cutting,” Precision Engineering, Vol.35, Issue 1, pp. 44-50, 2011.
-  E. Shamoto, N. Suzuki, and R. Hino, “Analysis of 3D elliptical vibration cutting with thin shear plane model,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 57-60, 2008.
-  S. Amini, E. Shamoto, N. Suzuki, and M. J. Nategh, “FE Analysis of One-Directional and Elliptical Vibration Cutting Processes,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 252-258, 2010.
-  M. Malekian, M. G. Mostofa, S. S. Park, and M. B. G. Jun, “Modeling of minimum uncut chip thickness in micro machining of aluminum,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.212, Issue 3, pp. 553-559, 2012.
-  Z. J. Yuan, M. Zhou, and S. Dong, “Effect of diamond tool sharpness on minimum cutting thickness and cutting surface integrity in ultraprecision machining,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.62, Issue 4, pp. 327-330, 1996.
-  X. Liu, R. E. DeVor, and S. G. Kapoor, “An Analytical Model for the Prediction of Minimum Chip Thickness in Micromachining,” J. of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Trans. of the ASME, Vol.128, pp. 474-481, 2006.
-  S. Shimada, N. Ikawa, H. Tanaka, G. Ohmori, J. Uchikoshi, and H. Yoshinaga, “Feasibility Study on Ultimate Accuracy in Microcutting Using Molecular Dynamics Simulation,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.42, Issue 1, pp. 91-94, 1993.
-  M. P. Vogler, R. E. DeVor, and S. G. Kapoor, “On the Modeling and Analysis of Machining Performance in Micro-Endmilling, Part I: Surface Generation,” J. of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Trans. of the ASME, Vol.126, pp. 685-694, 2004.
-  B. Denkena, J. Köhler, R. Meyer, and J. Stiffe, “Modification of the Tool-Workpiece Contact Conditions to Influence the ToolWear and Workpiece Loading During Hard Turning,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 353-261, 2011.
-  J. Yan, Z. Zhang, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Effect of Nanoparticle Lubrication in Diamond Turning of Reaction-Bonded SiC,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 307-312, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.