Analysis of Measured Friction of Rolling Balls in Raceway Grooves
Atsushi Matsubara*, Atsuko Sayama*, Taku Sakai**,
and Matthias Reuss***
*Department of Micro Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8540, Japan
**Kyoto Works, Mitsubishi Electric, Babazusyo, Nagaokakyo-shi, Kyoto 617-0828, Japan
***ISG Industrielle Steuerungstechnik GmbH, Rosenbergstrasse 28, 70174 Stuttgart, Germany
-  THK catalog, “Caged ball LM guide SPR/SPS,” No.362, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  T. Fujita, A. Matsubara, and K. Yamazaki, “Experimental characterization of disturbance force in a linear drive system with highprecision rolling guideways,” Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol.51, No.2, pp. 104-111, Feb. 2011.
-  A. Matsubara, K. Nagaoka, and T. Fujita, “Model-reference feedforward controller design for high-accuracy contouring control of machine tool axes,” CIRP Ann. – Manuf. Technol., Vol.60, No.1, pp. 415-418, Jan. 2011.
-  R. Sato, “Generation Mechanism of Quadrant Glitches and Compensation for it in Feed Drive Systems of NC Machine Tools,” Int. J. Autom. Technol., Vol.6, No.2, pp. 154-162, 2011.
-  B. Armstrong-Hélouvry, P. Dupont, and C. C. De Wit, “A survey of models, analysis tools and compensation methods for the control of machines with friction,” Automatica, Vol.30, No.7, pp. 1083-1138, Jul. 1994.
-  S. Futami, A. Furutani, and S. Yoshida, “Nanometer positioning and its micro-dynamics,” Nanotechnology, Vol.1, pp. 31-37, 1990.
-  P. R. Dahl, “A solid friction model,” Technical Report TOR-0158H3107-18I-1, The Aerospace Corporation, El Segundo, CA, 1968.
-  C. Canudas de Wit, H. Olsson, K. J. Astrom, and P. Lischinsky, “A new model for control of systems with friction,” IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., Vol.40, No.3, pp. 419-425, May 1995.
-  Q. Shi, L. Ouyang, J. She, L. Xu, J. Imani, and Y. Ohyama, “Compensation of Stribeck-Type Nonlinear Friction in Positioning Control Using Equivalent-Input-Disturbance Approach,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Informatics, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 150-156, 2014.
-  T. Tanaka, J. Otsuka, and T. Oiwa, “Precision positioning control by modeling frictional behaviors of linear ball guideway,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 334-342, 2009.
-  F. Al-Bender, V. Lampaert, and J. Swevers, “The generalized Maxwell-slip model: a novel model for friction Simulation and compensation,” IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., Vol.50, No.11, pp. 1883-1887, Nov. 2005.
-  Z. Jamaludin, H. Van Brussel, G. Pipeleers, and J. Swevers, “Accurate motion control of xy high-speed linear drives using friction model feedforward and cutting forces estimation,” CIRP Ann. – Manuf. Technol., Vol.57, No.1, pp. 403-406, Jan. 2008.
-  U. Parlitz, a Hornstein, D. Engster, F. Al-Bender, V. Lampaert, T. Tjahjowidodo, S. D. Fassois, D. Rizos, C. X. Wong, K. Worden, and G. Manson, “Identification of pre-sliding friction dynamics.,” Chaos, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 420-30, Jun. 2004.
-  L. a Hagman and U. Olofsson, “A model for micro-slip between flat surfaces based on deformation of ellipsoidal elastic asperities-parametric study and experimental investigation,” Tribol. Int., Vol.31, No.4, pp. 209-217, Apr. 1998.
-  E. Cigeroglu, N. An, and C.-H. Menq, “A microslip friction model with normal load variation induced by normal motion,” Nonlinear Dyn., Vol.50, No.3, pp. 609-626, Jan. 2007.
-  T. Fujita, A. Matsubara, and S. Yamada, “Analysis of friction in linear motion rolling bearing with locomotive multi-bristle model – Influence of slipping velocity distribution on friction characteristics –,” Trans. Japan Soc. Mech. Eng. Ser. C, Vol.77, No.778, pp. 2468-2495, 2011.
-  K. L. Johnson, “Contact Mechanics,” Cambridge University Press, p. 242, 1987.
-  J. J. Kalker, “Three-dimensional elastic bodies in rolling contact,” Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 99-135, 2010.
-  Y. Kimura, M. Sekizawa, and A. Nitanai, “Wear and fatigue in rolling contact,” Wear, Vol.253, No.1-2, pp. 9-16, Jul. 2002.
-  A. Visintin, “Differential models of hysteresis,” Springer-Verlag, p. 47, 1994.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.