A Study on How Investors Decide on Socially Responsible Investments: Classification of Investment Behavior According to Companies’ Environmental Activities
Nariaki Nishino*, Kaoru Kihara*, Kenju Akai*,
Tomonori Honda**, and Atsushi Inaba***
*The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
***Kogakuin University, 1-24-2 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8677, Japan
-  M. Fargnoli, “Design Process Optimization for EcoDesign,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 33-39, 2009.
-  K. Masui, “Current Status of Environmentally Conscious Design Among Japanese Manufacturers,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 19-25, 2009.
-  Y. Kishita, E. Kunii, S. Fukushige, Y. Umeda, and J. Fujimoto, “Scenario Analysis of Global Resource Circulation with Traceability Index Targeting Sustainable Manufacturing,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 3-10, 2009.
-  S. Fukushige, Y. Inoue, K. Tonoike, and Y. Umeda, “Design Methodology for Modularity Based on Life Cycle Scenario,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 40-48, 2009.
-  H. Hiraoka and A. Tanaka, “Simulator for Reuse of Mechanical Parts with Network Agents,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 77-83-48, 2009.
-  S. Kondoh, K. Kurakawa, S. Kato, Y. Umeda, and S. Takata, “Analysis of Key Success Factors for Eco-Business Through Case Studies in Japan,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 252-263, 2012.
-  N. Nakamura, K. Mandai, S. Fukushige, and Y. Umeda, “Proposal of a Methodology for Supporting Eco-Business Planning,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 264-271, 2012.
-  S. Labatt and R. R. White, “Environmental Finance: A guide to environmental risk assessment and financial products,” Joh Wiley & Sons, 2002.
-  “Environmental Economics and Policy Studies: Basic Facts and Concepts,” Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies (Ed.), Yuhikaku Publishing, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  L. Renneboog, J. T. Horst, and C. Zhang, “Socially responsible investments: Institutional aspects, performance, and investor behavior,” J. of Banking & Finance, Vol.32, pp. 1723-1742, 2008.
-  Japan Sustainable Investment Forum, “2009 Review of Socially Responsible Invest In Japan,” 2009. (in Japanese)
-  UNEP Finance Initiative,
http://www.unepfi.org [accessed on August 5, 2014]
-  C. Geczy, R. Stambaugh, and D. Levin, “Investing in Socially Responsible Mutual Funds,” Working Paper, University of Pennsylvania, 2005.
-  N. P. B. Bollen, “Mutual fund attributes and investor behavior,” J. of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol.42, No.3, pp. 683-708, 2007.
-  C. Consolandi, A. Innocenti, and A. Vercelli, “CSR, rationality and the ethical preferences of investors in a laboratory experiment,” Research in Economics, Vol.63, pp. 242-252, 2009.
-  D. Kahneman and A. Tversky, “Prospect theory – analysis of decision under risk,” Econometrica, Vol.47, No.2, pp. 263-292, 1979.
-  S. Benartzi and R. Thaler, “Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle,” The Quarterly J. of Economics, Vol.110, No.1, pp. 73-92, 1995.
-  T. Odean, “Are Investors Reluctant to Realize Their Losses?” The J. of Finance, Vol.53, No.5, pp. 1775-1789, 1998.
-  J. Goldberg and R. von Nitzsch, “Behavioral Finance,” John Wiley, 2001.
-  J. von Neumann and O. Morgenstern, “Theory of Games and Economic Behavior,” Princeton University Press, 1944.
-  A. Tversky and D. Kahneman, “Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty,” J. of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol.5, pp. 297-323, 1992.
-  G. Choquet, “Theory of capacities, Annales de l’institut Fourier,” Vol.5, pp. 131-295, 1954.
-  C. F. Camerer, “Prospect Theory in the Wild: Evidence from the Field,” C. F. Camerer et al. (Eds.), Advances in Behavioral Economics, Princeton University Press, pp. 148-161, 2004.
-  C. Camerer, L. Babcock, G. Loewenstein, and R. Thaler, “Labor Supply of New York City Cabdrivers: One Day at a Time,” The Quarterly J. of Economics, Vol.112, No.2, pp. 407-441, 1997.
-  W. Samuelson and R. Zeckhauser, “Status quo bias in decision making,” J. of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 7-59, 1988.
-  E. J. Johnson, J. Hershey, J. Meszaros, and H. Kunreuther, “Framing, Probability Distortions, and Insurance Decisions,” Vol.7, No.1, pp. 35-51, 1993.
-  B. Jullien and B. Salanié, “Estimating Preferences under Risk: The Case of Racetrack Bettors,” J. of Political Economy, Vol.108, No.3, pp. 505-530, 2000.
-  W. H. McGlothlin, “Stability of Choices among Uncertain Alternatives,” The American J. of Psychology, Vol.69, No.4, pp. 604-615, 1956.
-  A. Spence and N. Pidgeon, “Framing and Communicating Climate Change: The Effects of Distance and Outcome Frame Manipulations,” Global Environmental Change, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 656-667, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.