Surface Topography of Mini-Size Diamond Wheel in Ultrasonic Assisted Grinding (UAG)
Masakazu Fujimoto*, Yongbo Wu*, Mitsuyoshi Nomura*,
Hidenari Kanai**, and Masahiko Jin***
*Department of Machine Intelligence and Systems Engineering, Akita Prefectural University, 84-4 Tsuchiya-Ebinokuchi, Yurihonjo, Akita 015-0055, Japan
**industria Co., Ltd., 2700 Miyadera, Iruma, Saitama 358-0014, Japan
***Depertment of Mechanical Engineering, Nippon Institute of Technology, 4-1 Gakuendai, Miyashiromachi, Minamisaitama, Saitama 345-8501, Japan
-  N. Suzuki, M. Haritani, J. Yang, R. Hino, and E. Shamoto, “Elliptical Vibration Cutting of Tungsten Alloy Molds for Optical Glass Parts,” Ann. CIRP, Vol.56, No.1, pp. 127-130, 2007.
-  H. Kotera, “Surface and its Treatment of MEMS and µ-TAS,” J. Surf. Finish. Soc. Jpn., Vol.56, No.10, pp. 572-579, 2005.
-  N. Sornsuwit, Y. Takeuchi, K. Sawada, and T. Sata, “Metal Mold Manufacturing of Fresnel Lens by Use of Micro Grooving Technology,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.64, No.628, pp. 4887-4892, 1998.
-  Y. Yamamoto, H. Suzuki, T. Moriwaki, T. Okino, and T. Higuchi, “Precision Grinding of Micro Fresnel Lens Molding Die (2nd report): Precision Truing of Micro Grinding Wheel with Sharp Edge by Molybdenum Truer and Accuracy Improvement in Fresnel Surface Grinding,” J. Jpn. Soc. Prec. Eng., Vol.73, No.6, pp. 688-693, 2007.
-  J. Qiu, G. Zhang, M. Asao, M. Zhang, H. Feng, and Y. Wu, “Study on the Novel Ultrasonic Weld Properties of Heterogeneous Polymers between PC and PMMA,” Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., Vol.30, No.8, pp. 729-734, 2010.
-  M. Fujimoto, Y. Wu, H. Kanai, and M. Jin, “Grinding Characteristics of Mould Steel with Micro 3D Structure in Ultrasonically Assisted Precision Grinding,” Int. J. Nanomanuf., Vol.9, No.2, pp. 201-210, 2013.
-  K. Shimada, T. Zhou, J. Yan, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Statistical Approach for Calculating Ground Surface Roughness of Ultrasonicassisted Grinding,” J. Jpn. Soc. Abras. Technol., Vol.56, No.11, pp. 752-757, 2012.
-  Y. Wu, X. Wang, T. Tachibana, and M. Kato, “Laser Truing and Dressing of Small Vitrified CBN Wheel,” J. Jpn. Soc. Abras. Technol., Vol.51, No.9, pp. 518-521, 2007.
-  K. Syoji, J. Taguchi, T. Kuriyagawa, and M. Mizuno, “Contour Grinding of Ceramics with Diamond Microquill,” Trans. JSME Series C, Vol.59, No.565, pp. 2835-2840, 1993.
-  Y. Satoh, T. Matsubara, and T. Nakamura, “Ultra-precision Grinding with Fine Grit CBN Wheel of Mini-size (1st report): Conventional Mechanical Truing and Finished Surface Roughness,” J. Jpn. Soc. Abras. Technol., Vol.41, No.10, pp. 382-387, 1997.
-  Y. Wu, M. Nomura, and T. Tachibana, “Precision Internal Grinding using Ultrasonically Assisted Grinding Technique,” J. Jpn. Soc. Abras. Technol., Vol.53, No.12, pp. 729-732, 2009.
-  M. Fujimoto, Y. Wu, and J. Cao, “High Precision Ultrasonically Assisted Internal Grinding (UAIG) of Difficult-to-machining Materials using Metal Bonded Diamond Wheels,” Proc. 6th LEM21, 2011.
-  Y. Wu, W. Yang, M. Fujimoto, and L. Zhou, “Mirror Surface Finishing of Silicon Wafer Edge Using Ultrasonic Assisted Fixed-Abrasive CMP (UF-CMP),” Int. J. Autom. Technol., Vol.7, No.6 pp. 663-670, 2013.
-  H. Sakamoto and S. Shimizu, “Evaluation Method of Condition Change on Working Surface with Grinding – Evaluation Method for Combined Generation of Condition Changes on Wheel Working Surface –,” J. Jpn. Soc. Prec. Eng., Vol.71, No.1, pp. 120-125, 2005.
-  R. Cai and W. Rowe, “Assessment of Vitrified CBNWheels for Precision Grinding,” Int. J. Mach. Tools and Manuf., Vol.44, Issue 12-13, pp. 1391-1402, 2004.
-  M. Fujimoto and Y. Ichida, “Micro Fracture Behavior of Cutting Edges in Grinding using Single Crystal cBN Grains,” Dia. Relat. Mat., Vol.17, No.7-10, pp. 1759-1763, 2008.
-  Z. Liang, X. Wang, Y. Wu, L. Xie, Z. Liu, and W. Zhao, “An Investigation on Wear Mechanism of Resin-bonded Diamond Wheel in Elliptical Ultrasonic Assisted Grinding (EUAG) of Mnocrystal Sapphire,” J. Mat. Process. Technol. Vol.212, Issue 4, pp. 868-876, 2012.
-  M. Fujimoto, Y. Ichida, R. Sato, and Y. Morimoto, “Characterization of Wheel Surface Topography in cBN Grinding,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 106-113, 2006.
-  M. Fujimoto, Y. Ichida, and R. Sato, “Wear Characteristics of Vitrified cBN Grinding Wheels,” J. Adv. Mech. Des. Manuf., Vol.2, No.4, pp. 570-578, 2008.
-  S. Habu, Y. Ichida, H. Kajino, and M. Sato, “Wear Characteristics and Grinding Performance of Vitrified Diamond Grinding Wheels,” J. Jpn. Soc. Abras. Technol., Vol.54, No.3, pp. 157-163, 2010.
-  S. Matsui and K. Shoji, “A Study on Effective Cutting Edges in Grinding Wheel,” J. Jpn. Soc. Prec. Eng., Vol.34, No.11, pp. 743-748, 1968.
-  J. Takagi and K. Namiki, “Influence of Grinding Parameters on Wear and Fracture Characteristics of CBN Grains,” J. Jpn. Soc. Abras. Technol., Vol.38, No.3, pp. 153-158, 1994.
-  H. Isobe, K. Hara, and Y. Take, “Development of the Die Mirror Finish Technique by Ultrasonically Assisted Grinding,” J. Jpn. Soc. Abras. Technol., Vol.54, No.5, pp. 288-292, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.