Feasibility Study on Design of Spindle Supported by High-Stiffness Water Hydrostatic Thrust Bearing
Yohichi Nakao, Kenji Suzuki, Kohei Yamada,
and Kohei Nagasaka
Kanagawa University, 3-27-1 Rokkakubashi, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama 221-8686, Japan
-  M. Davies, C. Evans, S. Patterson, R. Vohra, and B. Bergner, “Application of Precision Diamond Machining to the Manufacture of Micro-photonics Components,” Proc. of SPIE, Vol.5183, pp. 94-106, 2003.
-  D. Dornfeld, S. Min, and Y. Takeuchi, “Recent Advances in Mechanical Micromachining,” CIRP Annals, Vol.55, Issue 2, pp. 745-768, 2006.
-  T. Fujita, K. Kawashima, T. Miyajima, T. Ogiso, and T. Kagawa, “Effect of Servo Valve Dynamic on Precise Position Control of a Pneumatic Servo Table,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 43-48, 2008.
-  T. Shinshi, K. Sato, and A. Shimokohbe, “A Compact Aerostatic Spindle Integrated with an Axial Positioning Actuator forMicro and Ultra-Precision Machine Tools,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 56-63, 2008.
-  H. Yoshioka and H. Shinno, “Design Concept and Structural Configuration of Advanced Nano-Pattern Generator with Large Work Area “ANGEL”,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 38-44, 2011.
-  M. Kadotani, T. Kitagawa, S. Katto, T. Hirayama, T. Matsuoka, H. Yabe, and K. Sasaki, “Development of Pneumatic Servo Bearing Actuator for Nanometer Positioning,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 249-256, 2009.
-  K. Tanaka, S. Kimura, K. Suzuki, and T. Uematsu, “Development of an Ultra-precision Machine Tool,” J. of the Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.51, No.5, pp. 302-307, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  J. Bryan, “Design and Construction of an Ultraprecision 84 Inch Diamond Turning Machine,” J. of The Int. Societies for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 13-17, 1979.
-  Y. Nakao and Y. Sagesaka, “Water Drive Spindle for Diamond Turning Machine,” Proc. of the third int. conf. on leading edge manufacturing in 21st century, pp. 449-454, 2005.
-  A. Slocum, P. Scagnetti, N. Kane, and C. Brunner, “Design of Self-Compensated,Water-Hydrostatic Bearings,” Precision Engineering, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 173-185, 1995.
-  S. Okuyama, A. Yui, M. Kumagai, and T. Kitajima, “Development of a Linear-Motor-Driven Table with Hydrostatic Water Bearing,” Trans. of Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Ser. C, Vol.75, No.750, pp. 454-459, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  N. Kusui, S. Hayama, and M. Yoshikawa, “A Study on Linear Motion Stage Using Water-hydrostatic Bearing,” Trans. of Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.65, No.8, pp. 1153-1157, 1999. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Nishitani, S. Yoshimito, and K. Somaya, “Numerical Investigation of Static and Dynamic Characteristics of Water Hydrostatic Porous Thrust Bearings,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.6, pp. 773-779, 2011.
-  Y. Nakao, M. Mimura, and F. Kobayashi, “Water Energy Drive Spindle Supported by Water Hydrostatic Bearing for Ultra-Precision Machine Tool,” Proc. of ASPE 2003 Annual Meeting, pp. 199-202, 2003.
-  Y. Nakao and Y. Sagesaka, “Development of Water Drive Spindle,” Proc. of the 6th JFPS Int. Symposium on Fluid Power, CD-ROM, 2005.
-  Y. Nakao and K. Suzuki, “Development of Spindle with Water Hydrostatic Bearings for Ultra Precision Machine Tools,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. ofManufacturing Technology Engineers 2012, pp. 33-36, 2012.
-  Y. Nakao, S. Nakatsugawa, M. Komori, and K. Suzuki, “Design of Short-Pipe Restrictor of Hydrostatic Thrust Bearings,” Proc. of ASME 2012 Int. Mechanical Congress and Exposition, CD-ROM, 2012.
-  A. H. Slocum, “Precision Machine Design, Society of Manufacturing Engineers,” 601, 1992.
-  T. Sugano, K. Takeuchi, Y. Yoshida, and N. Ikawa, “Diamond turning of an aluminum alloy for mirror,” CIRP Annals, Vol.36, Issue 1, pp. 17-20, 1987.
-  H. E. Merritt, “Hydraulic Control Systems,” John Wiley & Sons, 1967.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.