Improvement of Computational Efficiency in Flexible Computer-Aided Process Planning
Eiji Morinaga*, Takuma Hara*,**, Hiroki Joko*,
Hidefumi Wakamatsu*, and Eiji Arai*
*Division of Materials and Manufacturing Science, Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
**Currently, Samsung R&D Institute Japan, Co., Ltd.
-  L. M. Sanchez and R. Nagi, “A Review of AgileManufacturing Systems,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol.39, Issue 16, pp. 3561-3600, 2001.
-  R. Weill, G. Spur, and W. Eversheim, “Survey of Computer-Aided Process Planning Systems,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.31, No.2, pp. 539-551, 1982.
-  L. Alting and H. Zhang, “Computer Aided Process Planning: the state-of-the-art survey,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol.27, No.4, pp. 553-583, 1989.
-  H. B. Marri, A. Gunasekaran, and R. J. Grieve, “Computer-Aided Process Planning: A State of Art,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 261-268, 1998.
-  W. J. Zhang and S. Q. Xie, “Agent Technology for Collaborative Process Planning: a review,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.32, Nos.3-4, pp. 315-325, 2007.
-  X. Xu, L. Wang, and S. T. Newman, “Computer-Aided Process Planning – A Critical Review of Recent Developments and Future Trends,” International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 1-31, 2011.
-  K. Nakamoto, K. Shirase, H.Wakamatsu, A. Tsumaya, and E. Arai, “Automatic Production Planning System to Achieve Flexible Direct Machining,” JSME International Journal, Series C, Vol.47, No.1, pp. 136-143, 2004.
-  E. Arai, H. Wakamatsu, and A. Tsumaya, “Flexible Process Planning System Considering Designers��� Intentions and Manufacturing Conditions,” Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Production Research, 2005.
-  G. Hang, H. Wakamatsu, A. Tsumaya, and E. Arai, “Flexible Process Planning System Considering Design Intentions and Disturbance in Production Process,” pp. 113-118, Elsevier, 2007.
-  Y. Takeuchi (Ed.), “Special Issue on Multiaxis Control and Multitasking Machine Tools,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.1, No.2, 2007.
-  E. Morinaga, M. Yamada, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “Flexible Process Planning for Milling,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.5, pp. 700-707, 2011.
-  E. Morinaga, M. Yamada, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “A Method of Flexible Process Planning Considering Multiple Kinds of Machine Tools and Manufacturing Scheduling,” Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Mechatronics Technology, pp. 331-335, 2011.
-  T. Nagano, K. Shirase, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “Expert System Based on Case-Based Reasoning to Select Cutting Conditions,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.67, No.9, pp. 1485-1489, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  S. C. Graves, “A Review of Production Scheduling,” Operations Research, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 646-675, 1981.
-  T. C. E. Cheng and M. C. Gupta, “Survey of Scheduling Research Involving Due Date Determination Decisions,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.38, pp. 156-166, 1989.
-  D. E. Akyol and G.M. Bayhan, “A Review on Evolution of Production Scheduling with Neural Networks,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol.53, pp. 95-122, 2007.
-  K. S. Metaxiotis, D. Askounis, and J. Psarras, “Expert Systems in Production Planning and Scheduling: A State-of-the-Art Survey,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol.13, pp. 253-260, 2002.
-  S. J. Noronha and V. V. S. Sarma, “Knowledge-Based Approaches for Scheduling Problems: A Survey,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 160-171, 1991.
-  G. Tuncel and M. Bayhan, “Applications of Petri nets in production scheduling: a review,” International Journal of Manufacturing Technology, Vol.34, pp.762-773, 2007.
-  T. Sawik, “Integer programming approach to production scheduling for make-to-order manufacturing,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol.41, pp. 99-118, 2005.
-  D. Hamada, K. Nakamoto, T. Ishida, and Y. Takeuchi, “Development of CAPP System for Multi-Tasking Machine Tool,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series C, Vol.78, No.791, pp. 2698-2709, 2012 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.