Hand Modeling and Motion Reconstruction for Individuals
Yui Endo, Mitsunori Tada, and Masaaki Mochimaru
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 2-3-26 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064, Japan
-  Y. Endo, S. Kanai, T. Kishinami, N. Miyata, M. Kouchi, and M. Mochimaru, “A development of an ergonomic assessment system by integrating a digital hand with a product model (1st report): a function of virtually evaluating grasp stability for products,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.74, No.2, pp. 182-187, 2008.
-  Y. Endo, S. Kanai, N. Miyata, M. Kouchi, and M. Mochimaru, “A development of an ergonomic assessment system by integrating a digital hand with a product model (2nd report): a function of grasp stability evaluation and an optimization method for a grasp posture,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.75, No.4, pp. 548-553, 2009.
-  Y. Endo, S. Kanai, N. Miyata, M. Kouchi, M. Masaaki, J. Konno, M. Ogasawara, and M. Shimozawa, “Optimization-Based Grasp Posture Generation Method of Digital Hand for Virtual Ergonomics Assessment,” SAE Int. J. of passenger cars-electronic and electrical systems, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 590-598, 2009.
-  K. Kawaguchi, Y. Endo, and S. Kanai, “Database-Driven Grasp Synthesis and Ergonomic Assessment for Handheld Product Design,” Proc. of HCI Int. Conf. 2009, pp. 642-652, 2009.
-  Y. Endo, N. Miyata, M. Kouchi, M. Mochimaru, and S. Kanai, “Physically-based grasp posture generation for virtual ergonomic assessment using digital hand,” Advances in Applied Digital Human Modeling, CRC Press, pp. 166-175, 2010.
-  Y. Endo, N. Miyata, M. Tada, M. Kouchi, and M. Mochimaru, “Reconstruction of Skin Surface Models for Individual Subjects,” Advances in Applied Digital Human Modeling and Simulation, CRC Press, pp. 392-400, 2012.
-  Y. Endo, M. Tada, and M. Mochimaru, “Reconstructing Individual Hand Models from Motion Capture Data,” J. of Computational Design and Engineering, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 1-12, 2014.
-  I. Albrecht, J. Haber, and H. P. Seidel, “Construction and animation of anatomically based human hand models,” Proc. of the 2003 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symp. on Computer Animation, pp. 98-109, 2003.
-  T. Kurihara and N. Miyata, “Modeling deformable human hands from medical images,” Proc. of the 2004 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symp. on Computer Animation, pp. 355-363, 2004.
-  H. Huang, L. Zhao, K. K. Yin, Y. Qi, Y. Yu, and X. Tong, “Controllable hand deformation from sparse examples with rich details,” Proc. of the 2011 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symp. on Computer Animation, pp. 73-82, 2011.
-  N. Miyata, Y. Shimizu, Y. Motoki, Y. Maeda, and M. Mochimaru, “Hand MoCap by Building Individual Skeleton and Surface Model,” Proc. of IEA Digital Human Modeling 2011, Paper ID 2180, 2011.
-  I. Oikonomidis, N. Kyriazis, and A. Argyros, “Efficient modelbased 3D tracking of hand articulations using Kinect,” Proc. of the British Machine Vision Conference, pp. 101.1-101.11, 2011.
-  M. Kouchi, N. Miyata, and M. Mochimaru, “An analysis of hand measurements for obtaining representative Japanese hand models,” Proc. of the 8th Annual Digital Human Modeling for Design and Engineering Symp., 2005-01-2734 (CD-ROM), 2005.
-  R. W. Sumner, “Deformation Transfer for Triangle Meshes,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 399-405, 2004.
-  B. K. P Horn, “Closed-form solution of absolute orientation using unit quaternions,” Optical Society of America, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 629-642, 1987.
-  M. Garland and P. S. Heckbert, “Surface Simplification Using Quadric Error Metrics,” Proc. of the 24th annual conf. on Computer graphics and interactive techniques (ACM SIGGRAPH 97), pp. 209-216, 1997.
-  N. M.-Thalmann and D. Thalmann, “Human body deformations using joint-dependent local operators and finite element theory. In making them move: mechanics, control, and animation of articulated figures,” Morgan Kaufmann, pp. 243-262, 1991.
-  I. Baran and J. Popović, “Automatic rigging and animation of 3D characters,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.26, No.3, pp. 72:1-72:8, 2007.
-  PhysXViewer, http://codesuppository.blogspot.jp/2006/08/physxviewer.html, 2013. [accessed Dec. 1, 2013]
-  Bullet, http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/, 2013. [accessed Dec. 1, 2013]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.