Gripping Force Feedback System for Neurosurgery
Yoshinori Fujihira, Takuya Hanyu, Yusuke Kanada,
Takeshi Yoneyama, Tetsuyou Watanabe, and Hiroyuki Kagawa
Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-1192, Japan
-  A. Cuschieri, “Whither Minimal Access Surgery: Tribulations and Expectations,” The American J. of Surgery, Vol.169, pp. 9-19, 1995.
-  A. Moreno-Egea, JA. Torralba, G. Morales, T. Fernndez, P. Guzmn, G. Hita, et al., “Laparoscopic Repair of Secondary Lumbar Hernias: Open vs. Laparoscopic Surgery. A Prospective, Nonrandomized Study,” Cirugia Espanola, Vol.77, pp. 159-162, 2005.
-  HG. Stassen, J. Dankelman, KA. Grimbergen, DW. Meijer, “Man-Machine Aspects of Minimally Invasive Surgery,” Annual Reviews in Control, Vol.25, pp. 111-122, 2001.
-  CR. Wagner, N. Stylopoulos, RD. Howe, “The Role of Force Feedback in Surgery: Analysis of Blunt Dissection,” Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems, 2002. HAPTICS 2002, pp. 68-74, 2002.
-  A. Kazi, “Operator Performance in Surgical Telemanipulation,” Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, Vol.10, No.5, pp. 495-510, 2001.
-  T. Hu, G. Tholey, JP. Desai, AE. Castellanos, “Evaluation of a Laparoscopic Grasper with Force Feedback,” Surgical Endoscopy, Vol.18, pp. 863-867, 2004.
-  B. Demi, T. Ortmaier, U. Seibold, “The Touch and Feel in Minimally Invasive Surgery,” IEEE Int. Workshop on Haptic Audio Visual Environments and their Applications, pp. 33-38, 2005.
-  G. De Gersem, H. Van Brussel, F. Tendick, “Reliable and Enhanced Stiffness Perception in Soft-Tissue Telemanipulation,” The Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.24, pp. 805-822, 2005.
-  M. Kitagawa, D. Dokko, AM. Okamura, and DD. Yuh, “Effect of Sensory Substitution on Suture-Manipulation Forces for Robotic Surgical Systems,” J. of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Vol.129, pp. 151-158, 2005.
-  T. Akinbiyi, AM. Okamura, DD. Yuh, “Dynamic Augmented Reality for Haptic Display in Robot Assisted Surgical Systems,” Medicine Meets Virtual Reality, pp. 567-570, 2005.
-  M. Tavakoli, A. Aziminejad, RV. Patel, and M. Moallem, “Methods and Mechanisms for Contact Feedback in a Robot-Assisted Minimally Invasive Environment,” Surgical Endoscopy, Vol.20, pp. 1570-1579, 2006.
-  T. Haidegger, L. Kovacs, G. Fordos, Z. Bnyo, and P. Kazanzides, “Future Trends in Robotic Neurosurgery,” 14th Nordic-Baltic Conf. on Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics, Vol.20, pp. 229-233, 2008.
-  J. Fachinger, et al., “2006. Behavior of spent HTR Fuel Elements in Aquatic Phases of Repository Host Rock Formations,” Nuclear Engineering & Design, Vol.236, p. 54, 2006.
-  K. Hongo, Y. Kakizawa, J. Koyama, K. Nishizawa, F. Tajima, MG. Fujie, and S. Kobayashi, “Microscopic-manipulator system for minimally invasive neurosurgery,” Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Vol.1230, pp. 275-280, 2001.
-  K. Hongo, S. Kobayashi, Y. Kakizawa, J. Koyama, T. Goto, H. Okudera, K. Kan, MG. Fujie, H. Iseki, and K. Takakura, “Neurobot: Telecontrolled micromanipulator system for minimally invasive microneurosurgery,” Neurosurgery, Vol.51, pp. 985-988, 2002.
-  K. Kan, MG. Fujie, F. Tajima, K. Nishizawa, T. Kawai, A. Shose, K. Takakura, S. Kobayashi, and T. Dohi, “Development of HUMAN system with the three micro manipulator for minimally invasive neurosurgery,” Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Vol.1230, pp. 143-148, 2001.
-  A. Morita, S. Sora, M. Mitsuishi, S. Warisawa, K. Suruman, D. Asai, et al., “Microsurgical robotic system for the deep surgical field: Development of a prototype and feasibility studies in animal and cadaveric models,” J. Neurosurgery, Vol.103, pp. 320-327, 2005.
-  T. Yoneyama, T.Watanabe, H. Kagawa, J. Hamada, Y. Hayashi, and M. Nakada, “Force detecting gripper and flexible micro manipulator for neurosurgery,” 33rd Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE EMBS, pp. 6695-6699, 2011.
-  T. Yoneyama, T.Watanabe, H. Kagawa, J. Hamada, Y. Hayashi, and M. Nakada, “Force detecting gripper and force feedback system for neurosurgery applications,” Int. J. of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Vol.7 Supplement1, p. 131, 2012.
-  Y. Yamashita, Y. Fujihira, T. Yoneyama, T. Watanabe, H. Kagawa, J. Hamada, Y. Hayashi, and M. Nakada, “Development of a Force Detecting Flexible Micomanipulator for the Resection of Brain Tumor,” Transactions of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Vol.50, pp. 329-336, 2013.
-  T. Massie and K. Salisbury, “The Phantom Haptic Interface: A Device for Probing Virtual Object,” American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Dynamic Systems and Control Division (Publication) DSC, Vol.55, pp. 295-299, 1994.
-  G. Soza, R. Grosso, Ch. Nimsky, P. Hastreiter, R. Fahlbusch, and G. Greiner, “Determination of the elasticity parameters of brain tissue with combined simulation and registration,” The Int. J. of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 87-95, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.