Characteristics Analysis of Vacuum Gas Leak Detection Signals Based on Acoustic Emission
Tao Zhang, Zhou-Mo Zeng, Yi-Bo Li,
Wei-Kui Wang, and Xu Bian
State Key Laboratory of Precision Measurement Technology and Instrument, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, P.R.China
Gas leaks can cause major accidents resulting in both human injuries and financial losses. Vacuum pressureinduced air leaks lead to the emission of acoustic signals. Vacuum leak tests are implemented in this paper, and signals excited by leaks through apertures of three different diameters are investigated. According to the acoustic emission signal processing theory, several characteristic parameters were utilized to analyze the generation of continuous vacuum leakage acoustic emission signals. Applicable signal characteristics are used to distinguish the vacuumleaks through apertures of different sizes. It can be inferred that the acoustic emission method can detect vacuum gas leaks as they happen, and signal parameter characteristics analysis can be used to distinguish between the different aperture sizes. This paper is of practical significance to the work of acoustic emission vacuum leak detection.
-  E. Aker, F. Cuisiat, et al., “Relating acoustic emission sources to rock failure around a borehole,” Incorporating SPE EUROPEC 2010, pp. 5190-5194, 2010.
-  C. K. Pang, J.-H. Zhou, et al., “Tool wear forecast using Dominant Feature Identification of acoustic emissions,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Control Applications, pp. 1063-1068, 2010.
-  Y. Kawasaki, Y. Tomoda, et al., “AE monitoring of corrosion process in cyclic wet-dry test,” Constr. Build. Mater., Vol.24, No.12, pp. 2353-2357, 2010.
-  L. Sun and Y. Li, “Review of on-line defects detection technique for above ground Storage Tank floor monitoring,” Proc. of the World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), pp. 4178-4181, 2010.
-  American Society for Non-destructive, “Nondestructive Testing Handbook, second edition: Vol.6, Acoustic Emission Testing,” Columbus, 2005.
-  P. S. Murvay and I. Silea, “A survey on gas leak detection and localization techniques,” J. Loss Prevent Proc., Vol.25, No.6, pp. 966-973, 2012.
-  M. S. Kim and S. K. Lee, “Detection of leak acoustic signal in buried gas pipe based on the time-frequency analysis,” J. Loss Prevent Proc., Vol.22, No.6, pp. 990-994, 2009.
-  T. Zhang, H. Feng, et al., “Acoustic emission based tank bottom floor corrosion detection,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Tech., Vol.7, No.2, pp. 205-210, 2013.