Generation of Regularly Aligned Dimples on Triangular Pyramidal Patches Using Patch Division Milling
Kai Xu and Hiroyuki Sasahara
Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
-  K. Tozawa, Y. Kobayashi, and K. Shirai, “Development of Surface Texturing System by Mechanical Machining,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Contributed Papers, Vol.71, No.7, pp. 879-884, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  A. A. G. Bruzzone, H. L. Coata, and P. M. Lonardo, “Advances in Engineered Surfaces for Functional Performance,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.57, pp. 750-769, 2008.
-  X. Wang, K. Adachi, and K. Otsuka, “Optimization of the Surface Texture for Silicon Carbide Sliding in Water,” Applied Surface Science, Vol.253, pp. 1282-1286, 2006.
-  C. J. Evans and J. B. Bryan, ““Structured,” “Textured” or “Engineered” Surfaces,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.48, No.2, pp. 541-556, 1999.
-  A. Kovalchenko, O. Ajayi, and A. Erdemir, “Friction and Wear Behavior of Laser Textured Surface under Lubricated Initial Point Contact,” Wear, Vol.271, pp. 1719-1725, 2011.
-  V. Franzen, J. Witulski, A. Brosius, and M. Trompeter, “Textured Surfaces for Deep Drawing Tools by Rolling,” International Journal of Machine Tool & Manufacture, Vol.50, pp. 969-976, 2010.
-  X. Wang, W. Liu, and F. Zhou, “Preliminary Investigation of the Effect of Dimple Size on Friction in Line Contacts,” Tribology International, Vol.42, pp. 1118-1123, 2009.
-  F. Alam, T. Steiner, and H. Chowdhury, “A Study of Golf Ball Aerodynamic Drag,” Procedia Engineering, Vol.13, pp. 226-231, 2011.
-  C. Dong, Y. Gu, and M. Zhong, “Fabrication of Superhydrophobic Cu Surfaces with Tunable Regular Micro and Random Nano-scale Structures by Hybird Laser Texture and Chemical Etching,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.211, pp. 1234-1240, 2011.
-  J. Bico, U. Thiele, and D. Quere, “Wetting of Textured Surfaces, Colloids and Surfaces A,” Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol.206, pp. 41-46, 2002.
-  L. Zhu, Y. Feng, and X. Ye, “Tuning Wettability and Getting Superhydrophobic Surface by Controlling Surface Roughness with Welldesigned Microstructures,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.130-131, pp. 595-600, 2006.
-  S. G. Scholz, C. A. Griffiths, and S. S. Dimov, “Manufacturing Routes for Replicating Micro and Nano Surface Structures with Bio-mimetic Applications,” CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol.4, pp. 347-356, 2011.
-  T. Sugihara and T. Enomoto, “Development of a Cutting Tool with a Nano/micro-textured Surface-Improvement of Anti-adhesive Effect by Considering the Texture Patterns,” Precision Engineering, Vol.33, pp. 425-429, 2009.
-  H. S. Shin, D. K. Chung, and M. S. Park, “Analysis of Machining Characteristics in Electrochemical Etching Using Laser Masking,” Applied Surface Science, Vol.258, pp. 1689-1698, 2011.
-  H. S. Shin, M. S. Park, and C. N. Chu, “Electrochemical Etching Using Laser Masking for Multilayered Structures on Stainless Steel,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59, pp. 585-588, 2010.
-  E. Brinksmeier, Y. Mutlugunes, and F. Klocke, “Ultra-precision Grinding,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59, pp. 652-671, 2010.
-  H. Hocheng and T. T. Wen, “Submicron Imprint of Trench Structures by External and Intrinsic Electromagnetic Force,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59, pp. 263-266, 2010.
-  J.-S. Chen, Y.-K. Huang, and M.-S. Chen, “A Study of the Surface Scallop Generating Mechanism in the Ball-end Milling Process,” International Journal of Machine Tool & Manufacture, Vol.45, pp. 1077-1084, 2005.
-  A. M. Ramos, C. Relvas, and J. A. Simoes, “The Influence of Finishing Milling Strategies on Texture, Roughness and Dimensional Deviations on the Machining of Complex Surface,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.136, pp. 209-216, 2003.
-  H. Matsuda, H. Sasahara, and M. Tsutsumi, “Generation of a Regularly Aligned Surface Pattern and Control of Cutter Marks Array by Patch Division Milling,” International Journal of Machine Tool & Manufacture, Vol.48, pp. 84-94, 2008.
-  A. Saito, X. Zhao, and M. Tsutsumi, “Control of Surface Texture of Mold Generated by Ball-end Milling,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.66, No.3, pp. 419-423, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  H.-Y. Feng and H. Li, “Constant Scallop-height Tool Path Generation for Three-axis Sculptured Surface Machining,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.34, pp. 647-654, 2002.
-  C. Stodke and P. Stephap, “Spray Cooling onMicro-Structured Surfaces,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.50, pp. 4089-4097, 2007.
-  F. Puente Leon, C. Lindner, and D. van Gorkorn, “Surface Segmentation by Variable Illumination,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.56, pp. 549-552, 2007.
-  M. Fukuda, H. Sasahara, and H. Matsuda, “Generation of Geometric Pattern in Arbitrary Triangle Patches by Patch Division Milling,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.76, No.1, pp. 111-115, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  S. Yuan, W. Huang, and X. Wang, “Orientation Effects of Microgrooves on Sliding Surfaces,” Tribology International, Vol.44, pp. 1047-1054, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.