Fast Cutter Workpiece Engagement Estimation Method for Prediction of Instantaneous Cutting Force in Continuous Multi-Axis Controlled Machining
Jun’ichi Kaneko and Kenichiro Horio
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Saitama University, 255 Shimo-Okubo, Sakura-ku, Saitama, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
-  Y. Altintas and A. Spence, “End Milling Force Algorithm for CAD Systems,” Annal of the CIRP, Vol.40, No.1, pp. 31-34, 1991.
-  S. Smith and J. Tlusty, “An Over View of Modeling and Simulation of Milling Process,” Trans of ASME J. of Eng. for Ind., Vol.113, No.2, pp. 169-175, 1991.
-  H. Narita, K. Shirase, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “Pre-process Evaluation of Machining Accuracy using Virtual Machining Simulator,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.43, No.2, pp. 492-497, 2000.
-  S. Ehsan Layegh K., H. Erdim, and I. Lazoglu, “Offline Force Control and Feedrate Scheduling for Complex Free Form Surface in 5-Axis Milling,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.1, pp. 96-101, 2012.
-  S. Takata, M. Tsai, M. Inui, and T. Sata, “Cutting Simulation System for Machinability Evaluation Using a Workpiece Model,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 417-420, 1989.
-  Y. Takeuchi, M. Sakamoto, Y. Abe, and R. Orita, “Development of a Personal CAD/CAM System for Mold Manufacture Based on Solid Modeling Techniques,” Annal of the CIRP, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 429-432, 1989.
-  T. Kishinami, S. Kanai, H. Shinjyo, H. Nakahara, and K. Saito, “An Application of Voxel Reperesentation to Machining Simulator,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 105-110, 1989 (in Japanese).
-  K. Nakamoto, T. Kouno, T. Koyama, T. Sakaguchi, and Y. Shirase, “Development of VirtualMachining Simulator by Using Voxel Model,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.74, No.12, pp. 1308-1312, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  S. Alan, E. Huseyin, N. P. Ronald, and F. F. Sarah, “High accuracy NCmilling simulation using composite adaptively sampled distance fields,” J. of Computer-Aided Design, Vol.44, pp. 522-536, 2012.
-  M. Inui and R. Kakio, “Fast Visualization of the NC Milling Result Using Graphics Acceleration Hardware,” Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.65, No.10, pp. 1466-1470, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kaneko, K. Teramoto, K. Horio, and Y. Takeuchi, “Direct Prediction of Cutting Error in Finish Endmilling Based on Sequence-Free Algorithm,” Mechatronics for Safety, Security and Dependability in a New Era, Elsevier, pp. 153-156, 2006.
-  J. Kaneko, K. Teramoto, K. Horio, and Y. Takeuchi, “Fast Estimation Method of Workpiece Shape in NC Machining Process for Prediction of Instantaneous Cutting Force,” Service Robotics and Mechatronics, Springer, pp. 373-378, 2010.
-  W.Wang and K.Wang, “Geometric Modeling for Swept Volume of Moving Solids,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.6, No.12, pp. 8-12, 1986.
-  J. Kaneko and K. Horio, “Tool posture planning method for continuous multi axis control machining with consideration of shortening shank length of end mill,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 648-653, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.