Surface Roughness Control Based on Digital Copy Milling Concept to Achieve Autonomous Milling Operation
Toshihiko Hirooka*1, Tomokazu Kobayashi*2, Atsushi Hakotani*3,
Ryuta Sato*1, and Keiichi Shirase*1
*1Graduate School of Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokko-dai, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
*2Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., 1-1 Morinosato-aoyama, Atsugi, Kanagawa 243-0123, Japan
*3Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., 1-1 Kawasaki-cho, Akashi, Hyogo 673-8666, Japan
-  K. Shirase, T. Kondo, M. Okamoto, H. Wakamatsu, and E. Arai, “Trial of NC Programless Milling for a Basic Autonomous CNC Machine Tool,” Proc. of the 2000 JAPAN-U.S.A. Symp. on Flexible Automation, pp. 507-513, 2000.
-  K. Nakamoto, K. Shirase, H.Wakamatsu, A. Tsumaya, and E. Arai, “Feed Back Machining Control Using Digital Copy Milling System,” Proc. of the 2002 JAPAN-U.S.A. Symp. on Flexible Automation, pp. 29-35, 2002.
-  K. Shirase, T. Shimada, and K. Nakamoto, “Prototyping of Autonomous CNC Machine Tool Based on Digital Copy Milling Concept,” Proc. of the 41st CIRP Conf. on Manufacturing Systems, pp. 391-394, 2008.
-  J. E. Bobrow, “NC Machine Tool Path Generation from CSG Part Representations,” Computer Aided Design, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 69-76, 1985.
-  B. K. Choi and C. S. Jun, “Ball-End Cutter Interference Avoidance in NCMachining of Sculptured Surfaces,” Computer Aided Design, Vol.21, No.6, pp. 371-378, 1989.
-  R. T. Farouki, “The Approximation of Non-Degenerate Offset Surfaces,” Computer Aided Geometric Design, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 15-43, 1986.
-  G. Loney and T. Ozspy, “NC Machining of Free Form Surfaces,” Computer Aided Design, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 85-90, 1987.
-  A. Hakotani, T. Funatsu, K. Nakamoto, and K. Shirase, “Voxel Representation of Removal Volume for Adaptive Milling Control in Digital Copy Milling,” Proc. of the CIRP2010 – 2nd Process Machine Interaction Int. Conf., CAM06 (CD-ROM), 2010.
-  T. Kobayashi, A. Hakotani, R. Sato, and K. Shirase, “Active Tool Motion Control Utilizing Voxel Property to Removal Volume in Digital Copy Milling,” Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, No.3338 (CD-ROM), 2011.
-  A. Minami, “Optimization of Five Axis Milling Condition in Machining,” Annual Report of Kagoshima Prefectural Institute of Industrial Technology, No.18, pp. 45-50, 2004.
-  K. Shirase, K. Nakamoto, E. Arai, and T. Moriwaki, “Autonomous Machine Tool to realize Flexible Machining Operation Unconstrained by NC program – Direct Machining Operation Controlled by Flexible Process and operation planning system –,” J. of the Japan Society for precision Engineering, Vol.70, No.11, pp. 1449-1454, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.