Using Pulse Laser Processing to Shape Cutting Edge of PcBN Tool for High-Precision Turning of Hardened Steel
Daisuke Suzuki*, Fumihiro Itoigawa*, Keiichi Kawata**,
and Takashi Nakamura*
*Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
**Aichi Center for Industry and Science Technology, 157-1, Onda-cho, Kariya-shi, Aichi 470-0356, Japan
-  H. M. Lin, Y. S. Liso, and C. C. Wei, “Wear behavior in turning high hardness alloy steel by CBN tool,” Wear, Vol.246, pp. 679-684, 2008.
-  T. Nishiguch and M. Masuda, “Precision Cutting of Ferrous Material with Single Crystal CBN Cutting Tools,” J. of JSPE, Vol.54, No.2, pp. 384-389, 1988.
-  K. Fujisaki, H. Yokota, N. Furushiro, Y. Yamagata, T. Taniguchi, R. Himeno, A. Makinouchi, and T. Higuchi, “Development of Ultra-Fine-Grain Binderless cBN Tools for Precision Cutting of Ferrous Materials,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.209, No.15-16, pp. 5646-5652, 2009.
-  D. Suzuki, F. Itoigawa, K. Kawata, T. Suganuma, and T. Nakamura, “Edge Sharpening and Surface Modification of PcBN Tool by Pulsed Laser Grinding,” Key Engineering Materials, Vol.523-524, pp. 131-136, 2012.
-  T. Nakamoto, E. Shamoto, Y. Yamazaki, and Y. Sirakata, “Development of Titanium Boride Grinding Wheel by Laser Sintering,” J. of JSME, Vol.72, No.716, pp. 370-375, 2006.
-  T. Furumoto, T. Ueda, Y. Funada, and H. OGURA, “Cuttinig Characteristics of CBN Stone and Diamond Stone with Pulsed Nb:YAG Laser,” J. of JSPE, Vol.71, No.4, pp. 501-505, 2005.
-  D. Suzuki, K. Kawata, F. Itoigawa, and T. Nakamura, “Shape Machining of Sintered Superabrasives Material for Cutting Tools by Nanosecond Pulsed Laser,” Proc. of JSPE (Annual meeting), p. 277, 2010.
-  T. Senda, Y. Yamamoto, and Y. Ochi, “Friction and Wear Test of Titanium Boride Ceramics at Elevated Temperatures,” J. of the Ceramic Society of Japan, Vol.101, No.4, pp. 461-465, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.