Analytical Approach for Optimization of Chamfered Cutting Tool Preparation Considering Built-Up Edge Extrusion Behavior
Hiroki Kiyota, Fumihiro Itoigawa, Shota Endo,
and Takashi Nakamura
Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
-  K. Okushima and K. Hosomi, “The Side-flow of Metal in Machining (II. In the Case of Three-dimensional Cutting),” J. of JSPE, Vol.24, No.283, pp. 470-475, 1958.
-  Y. K. Chou, C. J. Evans, and M. M. Barash, “Experimental investigation on cubic boron nitride turning of hardened AISI 52100 steel,” J. of Mat. Proc. Tech., Vol.134, pp. 1-9, 2003.
-  B. A. Khidhir and B. Mohamed, “Study of cutting speed on surface roughness and chip formation when machining nickel-based alloy,” J. of Mech. Sci. and Tech., Vol.24, No.5, pp. 1053-1059, 2010.
-  X. Maohua, H. Ning, and L. Liang, “Modeling Notch wear of Ceramic Tool in High Speed Machining of Nickel-based Superalloy,” J ofWuhan U. of Tech. – Mat. Sci. Edition, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 78-83, 2010.
-  H. Kiyota, F. Itoigawa, A. Kakihara, and T. Nakamura, “Prevention of Depth-of-cut Notch Wear in CBN Tool Edge by Controlling the Built-up Edge,” Int. J. of Auto. Tech., Vol.5, No.3, pp. 342-348, 2011.
-  H. Kiyota, F. Itoigawa, and T. Nakamura, “Control of Built-up Edge Behavior by Chamfered Cutting Edge Preparation and Surface Modification,” Key Engineering Materials, Vols.523-524, pp. 1029-1034, 2012.
-  A. Kakihara, F. Itoigawa, H. Kiyota, and T. Nakamura “Stability of BUE in Cutting of Inconel718 and Restrain Effect on Tool Wear,” Proc. of 4th CIRP Int. Conf. on High Performance Cutting, pp. 191-196, 2010.
-  E. Usui and K. Hoshi, “Study on Tools with Restricyed Tool-Chip Contact Length (Part 4) (Natural and Cut-Away Tool’s Built-Up Edges),” JSPE, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 273-284, 1964.
-  T. Hoshi, “Machining Performance of High-Rate Face-Milling Cutters with SWC Application,” CIRP Ann.-Manuf. Tech., Vol.32, No.1, pp. 11-16, 1983.
-  C.-S. Chang and K.-H. Fuh, “An Experimental Study of the Chip Flow of Chamfered Main Cutting Edge Tools,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.73, No.1-3, pp. 167-178, 1998.
-  N. Fang, “Machining with tool-chip contact on the tool secondary rake face (Part I: a new slip-line model),” Int. J. of Mechanical Sciences, Vol.44, pp. 2337-2354, 2002.
-  N. Fang, “Slip-line modeling of machining with a rounded-edge tool (Part I: new model and theory),” J. of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol.53, pp. 715-742, 2003.
-  W. Johnson, “Some slip-line fields for swaging or expanding, indenting, extruding and machining for tools with curved dies,” Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol.4, pp. 323-347, 1962.
-  E. Usui and K. Kikuchi, “Study on Tools with Restricyed Tool-Chip Contact Length (Part 1) (Theory of Plasticity Applied to Machining Mechanism),” JSPE, Vol.29, No.6, pp. 436-443, 1963.
-  H. Kudo, “Some new slip-line solutions for two-dimensional steady-state mchining,” Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol.7, pp. 43-55, 1965.
-  N. Fang, “Tool-chip friction in machining with a large negative rake angle tool,” Wear, Vol.258, pp. 890-897, 2005.
-  P. L. B. Oxley and M. J. M.Welsh, “An Explanation of the Apparent Bridgeman Effect in Merchant’s Orthogonal Cutting Results,” J. of Engineering for Industry, Vol.89, pp. 549-555, 1967.
-  H.-H. Hsu and G.-Y. Tzou, “Two analytical models of double-layer clad sheet compression forming based on the upper bound and the slab methods,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.140, pp. 604-609, 2003.
-  Y.-M. Hwang and G.-Y. Tzou, “An analytical approach to asymmetrical cold- and hot-rolling of clad sheet using the slab method,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.62, pp. 249-259, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.