Fast Detection of Chatter in End-Milling Using Pseudo Auto-Correlation Function
Kenji Shimana*, Eiji Kondo**, Hiroko Karashima**,
and Norio Kawagoishi***
*Kagoshima National College of Technology, 1460-1 Shinko, Hayato-cho, Kirishima-shi, Kagoshima 899-5193, Japan
**Kagoshima University, 1-21-40 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890-0065, Japan
***Daiichi Institute of Technology, 1-10-2 Kokubuchuo, Kirishima-shi, Kagoshima 899-4395, Japan
-  S. A. Tobias, “Machine Tool Vibrations,” London, Blackie, pp. 143-179, 1965.
-  Y. Altintas, “Manufacturing Automation,” Cambridge University Press, pp. 104-116, 2000.
-  H. Ota, T. Kawai et al., “Monitoring of Cutting Conditions by Means of Vibration Analysis,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Eng., Series C, Vol.57, No.540, pp. 2752-2757, 1991. (in Japanese)
-  M. Rahman, “In-Process Detection of Chatter Threshold,” ASME J. OF ENGINEERING FOR INDUSTRY, Vol.110, pp. 44-50, 1988.
-  M. Higuchi, M. Doi et al., “A Study on the Estimation of the Chatter Commencing in Turning Process,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Eng., Series C, Vol.52, No.477, pp. 1697-1700, 1986. (in Japanese)
-  T. Matsubara, H. Yamamoto et al., “Study on Regenerative Chatter Vibration with Dynamic Cutting Force,” J. of the Japan Society of Precision Eng., Vol.50, No.7, p. 1079, 1984. (in Japanese)
-  E. Kondo, H. Ota, and T. Kawai, “A New Method to Detect Regenerative Chatter Using Spectral Analysis, Part I : Basic Study on Criteria for Detection of Chatter,” Trans. ASME, J. Manuf. Sci. Eng., Vol.119, pp. 461-466, 1997.
-  K. Shimana, E. Kondo, K. Hagihara, and N. Kawagoishi, “Monitoring of Stability of Dynamic Cutting Process in End-Milling by Measurement of Spindle Head Vibrations,” Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Progress of Machining Technology, pp. 622-627, 2004.
-  Y. Kakinuma, Y. Sudo, T. Aoyama, “Detection of Chatter Vibration in End Milling Applying Disturbance Observer,” Annals of the CIRP 60, pp. 109-112, 2011.
-  E. Kondo, N. Ohara, N. Kawagoishi, and H. Murakami, “Fast Detection of Chatter Vibrations in End-Milling using Correlation Function,” Proc. 4th CIRP Int. Conf. of High Performance Cutting, Vol.2, pp. 265-270, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.