High-Efficiency Machining Strategy for Non-Uniformly Shaped Workpiece Using On-Machine Measurement
Keiji Ogawa, Heisaburo Nakagawa, and Toshihiro Iwao
Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, School of Engineering, The University of Shiga Prefecture, 2500 Hassaka-cho, Hikone-shi, Shiga 522-8533, Japan
-  A. Matsubara and S. Ibaraki, “Monitoring and Control of Cutting Forces in Machining Processes: A Review,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 445-456, 2009.
-  F. Klocke, S. Kratz, T. Auerbach, S. Gierlings, G. Wirtz, and D. Veselovac, “ProcessMonitoring and Control ofMachining Operations,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 403-411, 2011.
-  M. Takei, D. Kurihara, S. Katsura, and Y. Kakinuma, “Hybrid Control for Machine Tool Table Applying Sensorless Cutting Force Monitoring,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 587-593, 2011.
-  D. Kim and D. Jeon, “Fuzzy-logiccontrol of Cutting Forces in CNC Milling Processes Using Motor Currents as Indirect Force Sensors,” Precision Engineering, Vol.35, Issue 1, pp. 143-152, 2011.
-  S. Ibaraki, M. Sakahira, H. Saraie, A. Matsubara, and Y. Kakino, “On theMonitoring of Cutting Forces in EndMilling Processes: An Estimation Method by Geometrically Combining Force Vectors of ServoMotors and a SpindleMotor,” J. of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.70, No.8, pp. 1091-1095, 2004. (in Japanese)
-  T. Moriwaki and K. Shirase, “Intelligent Machine Tools: Current Status and Evolutional Architecture,” Int. J. ofManufacturing Technology and Management, Vol.9, Nos.3-4, pp. 204-218, 2006.
-  T. Sato, Y. Kakino, and A. Matsubara, “A Study on Drilling Process Control by Intelligent Machine Tools (2nd Report): Minimization of Total Machining Time of Drilling Multiple Holes Considering the Tool Life,” J. of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.69, No.5, pp. 731-735, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  A. Matsubara, M. Sugihara, A. A. D. Sarhan, H. Saraie, S. Ibaraki, and Y. Kakino, “Research on Spindle and Machining Process Monitoring for Intelligent Machine Tools,” Proc. of 3rd Int. Conf. on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, pp. 469-474, 2005.
-  K. Ogawa, H. Nakagawa, Y. Oda, and Y. Kakino, “Monitoring of Cutting Force in End-milling Processes Using Internal Sensors in a Linear Motor Driven Machining Center,” Proc. of 3rd Int. Conf. of Asian Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, 1D-7, pp. 1-5, 2009.
-  Y. Nakagawa, H. Nakagawa, and K. Ogawa, “High Efficiency Machining Using Force Control with Intelligent Machine Tools,” The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Kansai branch, No.104-1, pp. 4-3, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  M. Cho, G. Kim, T. Seo, Y. Hong, and H. H. Cheng, “Integrated machining error compensation method using OMM data and modified PNN algorithm,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.46, Nos.12-13, pp. 1417-1427, 2006.
-  J. P. Choi, B. K. Min, and S. J. Lee, “Reduction of machining errors of a three-axis machine tool by on-machine measurement and error compensation system,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vols.155-156, pp. 2056-2064, 2004.
-  M. S. Rahman, T. Saleh, H. S. Lim, S. M. Son, and M. Rahman, “Development of an on-machine profile measurement system in ELID grinding for machining aspheric surface with software compensation,” Int. J. of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.48, Nos.7-8, pp. 887-895, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.