Low-Cost 3D Printing of Controlled Porosity Ceramic Parts
Olaf Diegel*, Andrew Withell**, Deon de Beer***,
Johan Potgieter*, and Frazer Noble*
*Massey University, Building 106, Gate 4, Albany Highway, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand
**Auckland University of Technology, Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
***Vaal University of Technology, Andries Potgieter Blvd, Vanderbijlpark. PBag X021, Vanderbijlpark, 1900, South Africa
-  E. Grunda, “Castle IslandsWorldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping,”
-  C. K. Chua and K. F. Leong, “Rapid Prototyping: Principles and Applications,” 2nd Ed., World Scientific Publishing Co, Singapore, 2003.
-  Ceramic Tile Institute of America, “Glossary of Terms,”
Accessed March, 2011
-  Z-shop,
-  R. Lowmunkong, T. Sohmura, Y. Suzuki, S. Matsuya, “Fabrication of freeform bone-filling calcium phosphate ceramics by gypsum 3D printing method,” J. of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, Vol.90B, Issue 2, pp. 531-539, Aug. 2009.
-  P. H. Warnke, H. Seitz, F. Warnke, S. T. Becker, S. Sivananthan, E. Sherry, Q. Liu, J. Wiltfang, and T. Douglas, “Ceramic scaffolds produced by computer-assisted 3D printing and sintering: Characterization and biocompatibility investigations,” J. of Biomedical Materials Research, Vol.93B, Issue 1, pp. 212-217, Apr. 2010.
-  B. Nan, X. Yin, L. Zhang, and L. Cheng, “Three-Dimensional Printing of Ti3SiC2-Based Ceramics,” J. of the American Ceramic Society, Article published online: Feb. 2011.
-  B. Utela, D. Storti, R. Anderson, and M. Ganter, “A review of process development steps for new material systems in three dimensional printing (3DP),” J. of Manufacturing Processes, Vol.10, pp. 96-104, 2008.
-  M. Ganter et al., “open 3D printing forum,”
-  Yahoo Forums, “DIY 3D Printing and Fabrication,”
-  F. E.Wiria et al., “Printing of Titanium implant prototype,” J.Mater. Design, 2010, “Ink-jet printing of highly loaded particulate suspensions,” MRS Bulletin, Vol.28, Issue 11, pp. 815-818, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.