Residual Stress and Deformation After Finishing of a Shell Structure Fabricated by Direct Metal Lamination Using Arc Discharge
Takeyuki Abe and Hiroyuki Sasahara
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Naka-cho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
-  T. Furumoto, T. Ueda, A. Hosokawa, and S. Abe, “Study on the Measurement of Physical Properties in the Metal Powder for Rapid Prototyping: Proposal of theMeasurement of Thermal Conductivity and Absorption of Laser Beam,” J. of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.73, No.5, pp. 558-562, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  C. P. Paul, A. Jain, P. Ganesh, J. Negi, and A. K. Nath, “Laser rapid manufacturing of clomonoy-6 components,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol.44, No.10, pp. 1096-1109, 2006.
-  H. Sasahara, T. Matsumaru, T. Kamioka, K. Tanaka, and R. Yoshimaru, “Fabrication of an Inclined Wall by the Direct Metal Rapid Fabrication Using an Arc Welding: Factors Affecting on the Accumulated Shape and Its Effect,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.75, No.757, pp. 2435-2439, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  T. Kamioka, S. Ishikawa, and H. Sasahara, “Fabrication of Elbow Pipe by Direct Metal Lamination Using Arc DischargeWhileMaintaining the Molten Pool in a Horizontal Position,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 422-431, 2010.
-  T. Kamioka, T. Abe, S. Ishikawa, and H. Sasahara, “Influence of the Cooling Method of the Molten Pool on the Laminating Characteristics in Direct Metal Lamination by Using Arc Discharge,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.78, No.785, pp. 282-291, 2012. (in Japanese)
-  D. Clark, M. R. Bache, and M. T. Whittaker, “Shaped metal deposition of a nickel alloy for aero engine applications,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.203, Nos.1-3, pp. 439-448, 2008.
-  K. P. Karunakaran, S. Suryakumar, V. Pushpa, and S. Akula, “Low cost integration of additive and subtractive processes for hybrid layered manufacturing,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Vol.26, pp. 490-499, 2010.
-  M. Alimardani, E. Toyserkani, and J. P. Huissoon, “A 3D dynamic numerical approach for temperature and thermal stress distributions in multilayer laser solid freeform fabrication process,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol.45, pp. 1115-1130, 2007.
-  M. Shiomi, K. Osakada, K. Nakamura, T. Yamashita, and F. Abe, “Residual Stress within Metallic Model Made by Selective Laser Melting Process,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.53, No.1, pp. 195-198, 2004.
-  A. H. Nickel, D. M. Barnett, and F. B. Prinz, “Thermal stresses and deposition patterns in layered manufacturing,” Materials science and Engineering: A, Vol.317, Nos.1-2, pp. 59-64, 2001.
-  N.W. Klingbeil, J. L. Beuth, R. K. Chin, and C. H. Amon, “Residual stress-induced warping in direct metal solid freeform fabrication,” Int. J. of Mechanical science, Vol.44, No.1, pp. 57-77, 2002.
-  K. Satoh and T. Terasaki, “Effect of Welding Conditions on Residual Stresses Ditstributions and Welding Deformation in Welded Structures Materials,” Welding J., Vol.45, No.1, pp. 42-50, 1976. (in Japanese)
-  T. Abe and H. Sasahara, “Residual stress and deformation of shell structure fabricated by direct metal lamination using arc discharge,” The 6th Int. Conf. on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, #3274, 2011. (CD-ROM)
-  M. Watanabe, “Thermal Stress and its Residual Stress of Rectangular Plate under One-dimensionally distributed Temperature,” Zousen kyokai ronbunshu, Vol.86, No.3, pp. 173-184, 1954. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.