Development of CAM System Using Linear Servo Motor to Automate Metal Hammering – A Study on Forging-Type Rapid Prototyping System –
Hidetake Tanaka*, Soichiro Naka*, and Naoki Asakawa**
*Faculty of Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, 1603-1 Kamitomioka, Nagaoka City, Niigata, Japan
**Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa City, Ishikawa, Japan
-  J. P. Kruth, M. C. Leu, and T. Nakagawa, “Progress in Additive Manufactureing and Rapid Prototyping,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.47, No.2, pp. 525-540, 1998.
-  J. A. Schey and P. W. Wallace, “Advances in Machine Tool Design and Research,” Pergamon Press, p. 1361, 1968.
-  P. K. Wright, D. A. Bourne, J. P. Colyer, G. S. Schatz, and J. A. E. Isasi, “Flexible Manufacturing Cell for Swaging,” MECHANICALENGINEERING, pp. 76-83, 1982.
-  N. Nakajima, T. Tohdo, Y. Kishi, and K. Hongo, “Computerizing of Traditional Sheet Metal Forming,” Bull. of JSPE, Vol.13, No.1 p. 39, 1978.
-  H. Tanaka, N. Asakawa, T. Shintani, and M. Hirao, “Development of a Forging Type Rapid Prototyping System; Automation of a Free Forging and Metal Hammering Working,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics (JRM), Vol.17, No.5, pp. 523-528, 2005.
-  H. Tanaka and N. Asakawa, “Development of a Forging-Type Rapid Prototyping System (Tool Path Generation Considering Deformation Process),” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.6, pp. 530-535, 2010.
-  H. Tanaka, Y. Kondo, K. Yanagi, and N. Asakawa, “Development of desktop size metal hammering system by use of liner motor – Basic concept of hammering force control –,” Proc. ofMechatronics Vol.1 pp. 322-327. 2010.
-  K. Takasugi, H. Tanaka, M. Jono, and N. Asakawa, “Development of a forging type rapid prototyping system (Relationship between hammering direction and product shape),” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.6 No.1, pp. 38-45, 2012.
-  http://www-mm.hm.t.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/research/kodatuno/index.html
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.