Development of CAM System Using Linear Servo Motor to Automate Metal Hammering – A Study on Forging-Type Rapid Prototyping System –
Hidetake Tanaka*, Soichiro Naka*, and Naoki Asakawa**
*Faculty of Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, 1603-1 Kamitomioka, Nagaoka City, Niigata, Japan
**Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa City, Ishikawa, Japan
This study deals with the use of a linear motor to automate a metal hammering process based on CAD data. In the study, a linear servo hammering system is adopted to automate the hammering work, and a CAM system generating arbitrary tool path modes for metal hammering bases on CAD data is developed. By utilizing the developed CAM system, formability of automated metal hammering using different tool path modes is clarified, and forming characteristics through the integration of discrete deformation throughout the hammering progress is experimentally demonstrated.
-  J. P. Kruth, M. C. Leu, and T. Nakagawa, “Progress in Additive Manufactureing and Rapid Prototyping,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.47, No.2, pp. 525-540, 1998.
-  J. A. Schey and P. W. Wallace, “Advances in Machine Tool Design and Research,” Pergamon Press, p. 1361, 1968.
-  P. K. Wright, D. A. Bourne, J. P. Colyer, G. S. Schatz, and J. A. E. Isasi, “Flexible Manufacturing Cell for Swaging,” MECHANICALENGINEERING, pp. 76-83, 1982.
-  N. Nakajima, T. Tohdo, Y. Kishi, and K. Hongo, “Computerizing of Traditional Sheet Metal Forming,” Bull. of JSPE, Vol.13, No.1 p. 39, 1978.
-  H. Tanaka, N. Asakawa, T. Shintani, and M. Hirao, “Development of a Forging Type Rapid Prototyping System; Automation of a Free Forging and Metal Hammering Working,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics (JRM), Vol.17, No.5, pp. 523-528, 2005.
-  H. Tanaka and N. Asakawa, “Development of a Forging-Type Rapid Prototyping System (Tool Path Generation Considering Deformation Process),” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.6, pp. 530-535, 2010.
-  H. Tanaka, Y. Kondo, K. Yanagi, and N. Asakawa, “Development of desktop size metal hammering system by use of liner motor – Basic concept of hammering force control –,” Proc. ofMechatronics Vol.1 pp. 322-327. 2010.
-  K. Takasugi, H. Tanaka, M. Jono, and N. Asakawa, “Development of a forging type rapid prototyping system (Relationship between hammering direction and product shape),” Int. J. Automation Technology, Vol.6 No.1, pp. 38-45, 2012.
-  http://www-mm.hm.t.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/research/kodatuno/index.html
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.