High Precision Tool Cutting Edge Monitoring Using Laser Diffraction for On-Machine Measurement
Panart Khajornrungruang*, Keiichi Kimura*,
Yasuhiro Takaya**, and Keisuke Suzuki*
*School of Computer Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka-shi, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita-shi, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
-  T. Pfeifer and L. Wiegers, “Reliable tool wear monitoring by optimized image and illumination control in machine vision,” Measurement, Vol.28, pp. 209-218, 2000.
-  H. S. Lim, S. M. Son, Y. S. Wong, and M. Rhaman, “Development and evaluation of an on-machine optical measurement device,” Int. J. of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol.47, pp. 1556-1562, 2007.
-  H. H. Shahabi and M.M. Ratnam, “On-line monitoring of tool wear in turning operation in the presence of tool misalighnment,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.38, pp. 718-727, 2008.
-  P. Khajornrungruang et al., “On-Machine Cutting Edge Profile Measurement for Micro Milling Tool,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.70, pp. 3556-3563, 2004.
-  E. Hecht, Optics 4th (Ed.), Addison Wesley, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.