Sub-Nanometer Resolution Positioning Device Driven by New Type of Linear Motor with Linear Ball Guideways – Considering Time Lag of Electric Control System –
Toshiharu Tanaka*, Jiro Otsuka**, Ikuro Masuda**,
Yasuaki Aoyama***, and Asuka Inagaki*
*Toyota National College of Technology, 2-1 Eisei, Toyota, Aichi 471-8525, Japan
**Shizuoka Institute of Science and Technology, 2200-2 Toyosawa, Fukuroi, Shizuoka 437-8555, Japan
***Hitachi Ltd. Hitachi Research Laboratory, 7-1-1 Omika-cho, Hitachi-shi, Ibaraki-ken, Japan
-  T. Oiwa and M. Katsuki, “Survey of Questionnaire on Ultra-Precision Positioning,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.74, No.10, p. 1027, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  S. Futami and A. Furutani, “Nanometer Positioning Using AC Linear Motor and Rolling Guide (1st Report),” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.57, No.3, p. 556, 1991. (in Japanese)
-  S. Makinouchi, “History of Semiconductor Lithography Technologies,” Proc. of Regular Meeting of Technical Committee of Ultra-Precision Positioning, 2007-1, p. 22, 2007. (in Japanese)
-  J. Otsuka, S. Ichikawa, T. Masuda, and K. Suzuki, “Development of a Small Ultraprecision Positioning Device with 5nm Resolution,” Measurement Science and Technology, Vol.16, p. 2186, 2005.
-  J. Otsuka, S. Ichikawa, and T. Masuda, “Small-sized Ultra-Precision Positioning Device with 1nm Resolution by New Drive System Using Ball Screw,” Proc. of 2006 JSPE Autumn Meeting, L09, p. 857, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  Edit Committee of The Practical Precise Positioning Technology Handbook, “Practical Handbook of Precision Positioning Technology,” Industrial Technology Service Center Co., p. 491, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  J. Otsuka, T. Tanaka, and I. Masuda, “Development of Sub-Nanometer Positioning Device Combining a New Linear Motor with Linear Motion Ball Guide Ways,” Measurement Science and Technology, Vol.21 p. 037001, 2010.
-  H. J. Kim, J. Nakatsugawa, K. Sakai, and H. Shibata, “High-Acceleration Linear Motor, “Tunnel Actuator”,” J. of The Magnetics Society of Japan, Vol.29, No.3, p. 199, 2005. (in Japanese)
-  T. Tanaka, J. Otsuka, I. Masuda, Y. Itou, and Y. Aoyama, “Ultraprecision Positioning by New Type of Linear Motor Drive – Challenge to Sub-Nanometer Positioning Resolution by Paying Attention to Electric Current Control System –,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.76, No.12, p. 1364, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  J. Otsuka, “Technology of Ultra-precision Positioning,” Yokendo Co., Ltd., p. 27, 130, 2010. (in Japanese)
-  J. Otsuka and T. Masuda,“The Influence of Nonlinear Spring Behavior of Rolling Elements on Ultraprecision Positioning Control Systems,” Nanotechnology, Vol.9, p. 85, 1998.
-  J. Otsuka, I. Aoki, and T. Ishikawa, “A Study on Nonlinear Spring Behavior of Rolling Elements (1st Report) – Tow Simple Measuring Methods –,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.66, No.6, p. 944, 2000. (in Japanese)
-  T. Takahashi, “Linear Motion Ball Guide Drawing Near the Nanometer Level Accuracy,” J. of The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.74, No.9, p. 909, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  SonyManufacturing Systems Corp., “Linear Scale BS SERIES Catalog,” 028J-0511-05-01A, 2005.
-  N. Suda, “PID Control,” Asakura Publishing Co., Ltd., p. 39, 1994. (in Japanese)
-  Miyazaki Engineering & Research Co., “Foundation and Fact of Automatic Control Mastered by Computer Simulation.” (in Japanese)
http://www.miyazaki-gijutsu.com/series/control 513.html, 2010
-  Yasukawa Electric Mfg Co., Ltd., “Servo Technological Introduction,” The Nikkan Kogyo Shinbun, Ltd., p. 70, 1992. (in Japanese)
-  S. Futami, “Controller Outline for High and Ultra Precision Positioning,” Proc. of Regular Meeting of Technical Committee of Ultra-precision Positioning, 2006-1, p. 1, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  I. Masuda, “Ultra-Precision Positioning and Control Method by Linear Actuator,” e-journal High-Precise Positioning Technology and Application, p. 59, 2008. (in Japanese)
-  PMAC JAPAN Co., Ltd., “UMAC-Turvo Catalog,” 2007. (in Japanese)
-  Servoland Corp., “MOVO SVN Manual,” 7, 2006. (in Japanese)
-  N. Okubo, “Mechanical Modal Analysis,” Chuo University Press, p. 52, 1989. (in Japanese)
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.