Modelling and Control of Flexure Mechanism Driven by Electromagnetic Linear Motors for Ultraprecise Continuous Path Positioning over a One-Millimetre Stroke
Shigeo Fukada*, Kentaro Nishimura**,
and Tomoaki Matsuda***
*Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Shinshu University, 4-17-1 Wakasato, Nagano 380-8553, Japan
**Production Machinery Development Engineer, ROHM Co., Ltd., 21 Saiin Mizosaki-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8585, Japan
***Aerospace Engineering, Oye headquarters, Churyo Engineering Corporation, 10, Oye-cho, Minato-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 455-8515, Japan
-  Edited by the Technical Committee of Ultra Precision Positioning, JSPE, “Present and Future Technology of Ultraprecision Positioning,” Fuji Techno System, pp. 658-663, 2000. (in Japanese)
-  M. Holmes, D. Trumper, “Magnetic/fluid-bearing stage for atomicscale motion control (the angstrom stage),” Precision Engineering, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 38-49, 1996.
-  A.D.Mazzeo, A.J. Stein, D.L. Trumper, R.J. Hocken, “Atomic force microscope for accurate dimensional metrology,” Precision Engineering, Vol.33, pp. 135-149, 2009.
-  B. Poyet, S. Ducourtieux, J. David, L. Lahousse, S. Leleu, “Development of a new XY flexure translation stage with high guidance quality for the LNE metrological AFM,” Proc. euspen 10th Int. Conf., Vol.2, pp. 375-377, 2008.
-  M. N. M. Zubir, B. Shirinzadeh, “Development of a high precision flexure-based microgripper,” Precision Engineering, Vol.33, pp. 362-370, 2009.
-  C. Chu, S. Fan, “A novel long-travel piezoelectric-driven linear nanopositioning stage,” Precision Engineering, Vol.30, pp. 85-95, 2006.
-  Q. Yao, J. Dong, P. M. Ferreira, “A novel parallel-kinematics mechanism for integrated, multi-axis nanopositioning (Part 1. Kinematics and design for fabrication),” Precision Engineering, Vol.32, pp. 7-19, 2008.
-  Q. Yao, J. Dong, P.M. Ferreira, “A novel parallel-kinematics mechanism for integrated, multi-axis nanopositioning (Part 2. Dynamics, control and performance analysis),” Precision Engineering, Vol.32, pp. 20-33, 2008.
-  S. Awtar, A. H. Slocum, “Constraint-based design of parallel kinematic XY flexure mechanisms,” Trans. ASME, J. Mechanical Design, Vol.129, pp. 816-830, 2007.
-  S. Fukada, S. Hirano, “Nanometric positioning with three Degrees of Freedom over a one-millimeter stroke using flexure guide and electromagnetic linear motor,” Proc. euspen 4th Int. Conf., pp. 238-239, 2004.
-  S. Fukada, K. Nishimura, “Nanometric positioning over a onemillimeter stroke using flexure guide and electromagnetic linear motor,” Int. J. of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 49-53, 2007.
-  S. T. Smith, D. G. Chetwynd, “Foundation of Ultraprecision Mechanism Design,” Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1994.
-  S. T. Smith, R.M. Seugling, “Sensor and actuator considerations for precision, small machines,” Precision Engineering, Vol. 30, pp.245-264, 2006.
-  L. Jabben, D. L. Trumper, J. van Eijk, “Dynamic error budgeting - an integral system design approach for high precition machines,” Proc. euspen 10th Int. Conf., Vol. 1, pp. 363-367, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.