Numerical Investigation of Static and Dynamic Characteristics of Water Hydrostatic Porous Thrust Bearings
Yuki Nishitani, Shigeka Yoshimoto, and Kei Somaya
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo University of Science, 1-14-6 Kudan-kita, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0073, Japan
-  K. Sawada, T. Kawai, and K. Ebihara, “Laminarization of air bearing in the nano machine,” FANUC Tech. Rev., Vol.16, No.1, pp. 1-6, 2003.
-  A. H. Slocum, P. A. Scagnetti, N. R. Kane, and C. Brunner, “Design of self- compensated water-hydrostatic bearings,” Precision Eng., Vol.17, pp. 173-185, 1995.
-  N. Kusui, S. Hayama, A. Ohtomo, and M. Yoshikawa, “Study on Fluid-Static Bearing Using Water as Pressure Fluid – Defining of Design Rule of Fluid Element –,” Trans of JSPE, Vol.64, No.6, pp. 851-855, 1998. (in Japanese)
-  N. Kusui, S. Hayama, and M. Yoshikawa, “A Study on Linear Motion Stage Using Water-Hydrostatic Bearing,” Trans. JSPE, Vol.65, No.8, pp. 1153-1157, 1999. (in Japanese)
-  S. Okuyama, A. Yui, M. Kumagai, and T. Kitajima, “Development of a Linear-Motor-Driven Table with Hydrostatic Water Bearings (Basic Design of a Constant-Flow Hydrostatic Bearing),” Trans. JSME, Vol.75, No.750, pp. 454-459, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  A. Yui, M. Kumagai, T. Kitajima, S. Okuyama, E. Fujita, and A. H. Slocum, “Development of a Linear-Motor-Driven Table with Hydrostatic Water Bearings (design and Development of the Table System and Its Static Characteristics),” Trans. JSME, Vol.75, No.752, pp. 1128-1134, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  I. S. Durazo-Cardenas, J. Corbett, and D. J. Stephenson, “The performance of a porous ceramic hydrostatic journal bearing,” Proc. IMECHE, Part J, J. Eng. Trib., Vol.224, pp. 81-89, 2010.
-  S. Yoshimoto and K. Kohno, “Static and Dynamic Characteristics of Aerostatic Circular Porous Thrust Bearings (Effect of the Shape of the Air Supply Area),” Trans. ASME, J. Trib., Vol.123, No.2, pp. 501-508, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.