Instability Phenomenon in Dip-Coating Process for Self-Assembly of Fine Particles and Design Countermeasures
Manabu Nishio, Nobuyuki Moronuki, and Arata Kaneko
Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 181-0065, Japan
-  N. D. Denkov et al., “Two-dimensional crystallization,” Nature, Vol.361, p. 26, 1993.
-  A. Kaneko et al., “An application of dip-coating technique to fabrication of self-assembled microstructure on hydrophilic/hydrophobic patterned substrate,” Proc. of the 6th euspen, pp. 288-291, 2006.
-  Y.-H. Ye et al., “Self-assembly of colloidal spheres on patterned substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.79, pp. 872-874, 2001.
-  A. M. Cazabat et al., “Fingering instability of thin spreading films driven by temperature gradients,” Nature, Vol.346, pp. 824-826, 1990.
-  Y. Kanamori et al., “Self-Assembly of Fine Particles on Patterned Wettability in Dip Coating and Its Scale Extension with Contact Printing,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, JSME, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 783-791, 2008.
-  M. Nishio et al., “Complex Assembly of Fine Particles by Repeated Dip-coating Process,” Proc. of the 3rd ASPEN, 2009.
-  Y. Masuda et al., “Arrangement of Nanosized Ceramic Particles on Self-Assembled Monolayers,” Japanese J. of Applied Physics, Vol.39, No.7B, pp. 4596-4600, 2000.
-  W-H. Zhang et al., “Fabrication of SnO2-ZnO nanocomposite sensor for selective sensing of trimethylamine and the freshness of fishes,” Sensors and Actuators B, Vol.134, pp. 403-408, 2008.
-  N. Moronuki et al., “Patterned self-assembly of fine particles by the combination of dispenser and positioning stage,” Proc. of the 10th euspen, pp. 73-76, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.