A Higher-Order Formula of Path Interval for Tool-Path Generation
Toshiyuki Obikawa* and Tsutomu Sekine**
*Institute of Industrial Science, the University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8505, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Science and Technology, Nihon University, 1-8-14 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8308, Japan
-  Y. Takeuchi, “Ultraprecision Micro Mechanical Machining,” Nikkan Kogyo Shinbun Ltd., 2008 (in Japanese).
-  K. Morishige, K. Kase, and Y. Takeuchi, “Tool Path Generation Using C-Space for 5-Axis Control Machining,” J. of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol.121, pp. 144-149, 1999.
-  T. Nakano, N. Sugita, T. Kato, K. Fujiwara, N. Abe, T. Ozaki, M. Suzuki, and M. Mitsuishi, “Interference Free Tool Path Generation in Multi-Axis Milling Machine for Orthopedic Surgery,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, pp. 502-508, 2009.
-  K. Morishige and M. Kaneko, “Tool Path Generation for Five-Axis Controlled Machining with Consideration of Motion of Two Rotational Axes,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.5, pp. 412-419, 2011.
-  K. Suresh and D. C. H. Yang, “Constant Scallop Height Machining of Free-Form Surfaces,” J. of Engineering for Industry, Vol.116, pp. 253-259, 1994.
-  P. K. Wright, D. A. Dornfeld, V. Sundararajan, and D. Misra, “Tool Path Generation for Finish Machining of Freeform Surfaces in the Cybercut Process Planning Pipeline,” Trans. of the North American Manufacturing Research Institute of SME, Vol.32, pp. 159-166, 2004.
-  T. Sekine and T. Obikawa, “Normal-Unit-Vector Based Tool Path Generation Using a Modified Local Interpolation for Ball-End Milling,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.4, pp. 1246-1260, 2010.
-  S. G. Lee, H. C. Kim, and M. Y. Yang, “Mesh-Based Tool Path Generation for Constant Scallop-Height Machining,” Int. J. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.37, pp. 15-22, 2008.
-  K. Shirase, K. Nakamoto, E. Arai, and T. Moriwaki, “Real-Time Five-Axis Control Based on Digital Copy Milling Concept to Achieve Autonomous Milling,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, pp. 418-424, 2008.
-  Y. Huang and J. H. Oliver, “Non-Constant Parameter NC Tool Path Generation of Sculptured Surfaces,” Int. J. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.9, pp. 281-290, 1994.
-  Y. K. Choi, A. Banerjee, and J. W. Lee, “Tool Path Generation for Free Form Surfaces Using Bézier Curves/Surfaces,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol.52, pp. 486-501, 2007.
-  T. Chen and Z. Shi, “A Tool Path Generation Strategy for Three-Axis Ball-End Milling of Free-Form Surfaces,” J. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.208, pp. 259-263, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.