Gait of Quadruped Robot Including Positioning Control Using Linear Visual Servoing
Yukinari Inoue* and Noriaki Maru**
*Noritsu Kouki Co. Ltd., 579-1 Umehara, Wakayama, Wakayama, Japan
**Faculty of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University, 930 Sakaedani, Wakayama, Wakayama 640-8510, Japan
Quadruped robots walking in discrete environments conventionally control leg swinging using either simple potentiometer-based feedback or feed forward. We think accurate positioning control for a safe landing using visual servoing is required. Conventional visual servoing, however, has problems such as requiring complex nonlinear calculation with exact camera and joint angles. To solve these problems, we propose Linear Visual Servoing (LVS) for positioning the quadruped robot leg in a gait. We show that the robot can make minor adjustments despite error between planned and safe landing points.
-  L. E.Weiss, A. C. Sanderson, and C. P. Neuman, “Dynamic sensorbased control of robots with visual feedback,” IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.RA-3, No.5, pp. 404-417, 1987.
-  K. Hasimoto, T. Ebine, and H. Kimura, “Visual servoing with Hand-Eye manipulator – Optical Control Approach,” IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 766-774, 1996.
-  N. Maru, H. Kase, S. Yamada, and F. Miyazaki, “Manipulator control by visual servoing with the streo vision,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.3, pp. 1865-1870, 1993.
-  T. Mitsuda, N. Maru, K. Fujikawa, and F. Miyazaki, “Linear Approximation of the Inverse Kinematics by using a Binocular Visual space,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.14, No.8, pp. 1145-1151, 1996. (In Japanese)
-  T. Mitsuda, N. Maru, and F. Miyazaki, “Binocular visual servoing based on linear time-invariant mapping,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 429-443, 1997.
-  K. Namba and N. Maru, “3D Positioning Control by Linear Visual Servoing,” Int. J. of Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol. 7, pp. 28-31, 2003.
-  K. Okamoto, K. Yamaguchi, and N. Maru, “Following Control of Mobile Robot by Linear Visual Servoing,” J. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, pp. 1840-1847, 2006.
-  T. Miyashita, K. Hosoda, and M. Asada, “Reflective walk based on lifted leg control and vision-cued swaying control,” Proc. of 1998 BSMEE Int. Symposium on Climbing and Walking Robots (CLAWAR’98), pp. 349-354, 1998.