Ink Droplet Position Compensation Based on Extended State Observer
Xiaoyang Zhao and Jin Huang
Key Laboratory of Electronic Equipment Structure Design (Xidian University), Ministry of Education, 2 South Taibai Road, Xi’an, China
The parabolic droplet trajectory in inkjet printing causes errors between actual position and expected positioning, deteriorating printing quality in highspeed printing. To improve printing quality and increase printing speed, an accurate firing time estimation method is proposed to compensate the droplet position error. A speed estimator based on the extended state observer is designed to estimate carriage speed on-line, based on which, the exact firing time for droplet position compensation is calculated. Simulation result shows the effectiveness of carriage velocity estimation, and experimental results show that the printing quality is markedly improved.
-  S. C. Chen, Y. C. Ye, and W. L. Chen, “Control of Ink-Jet Firing for Bubble-Jet Printer,” Int. J. of Electronics, Vol.89, No.1, pp. 19-34, 2002.
-  H. Y. Lin, M. C. Lu, J. H. Horng, T. B. Yang, and S. C. Hsieh, “DC Servo Speed Control of an Inkjet Print Head Transport System Using a Phase-Locked Loop,” AMC ’96 MIE Proc., pp. 458-463, 1996.
-  L. Lee and H. Kenneth, “Circuitry for Correcting Dot Placement for Oscillating Carriage Ink Jet Printer,” U.S. Patent, No. 4524364, 1985.
-  J. Tanuma, K. Hayashi, S. Katakura, and H. Sakaino, “Method for Correcting Printing Alignment of a Serial DotMatrix Printer,” Euro Patent, No.0263688B1, 1991.
-  J. Q. Han, “The Extended State Observer of a Class of Uncertain Systems,” Control and Decision, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 85-88, 1995.
-  Y. H. Wang, Y. Yao, and K. M. Ma, “A New Type Extended State Observer for System with Measurement Noise,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Automation and Logistics, pp. 1745-1749, 2008.
-  D. Q. Li, D. Y. Xue, J. G. Cui, and X. H. Xu, “Novel Velocity and Acceleration Estimator,” J. of System Simulation, Vol.20, No.15, pp. 4132-4135, 2008.