Tip Growing Actuator with the Hose-Like Structure Aiming for Inspection on Narrow Terrain
Hideyuki Tsukagoshi, Nobuyuki Arai, Ichiro Kiryu,
and Ato Kitagawa
Tokyo Institute of Technology, S5-19, 2-12-1 Ohokayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
-  A. Kitagawa, H. Tsukagoshi, and M. Igarashi, “Development of Active Hose with a Small Diameter for Search and Life-prolongation of Victims,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.5, pp. 474-481, 2003.
-  H. Tsukagoshi, K. Furukawa, and A. Kitagawa, “Consideration of the Control Method of a Chameleon Type. Prismatic Actuator,” Proc. of ROBOMEC, the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, P1-47-083, 2000.
-  K. Sawata, M. Konyo, S. Saga, S. Tadokoro, and K. Osuka “Sliding Motion Control of Active flexible Cable using Simple Shame Information,” 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, SaB8.4, 2009.
-  B. Kim, H.-Y. Lim, K.-D. Kim, Y. Jeong, and J.-O. Park, “A Locomotive Mechanism for a Robotic Colonoscope,” Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1373-1378, 2002.
-  K. Ozaki, S. Wakimoto, and K. Suzumori “Novel design of rubber tube actuator improving mountability and drivability for assisting colonosocope insertion,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3263-3268, 2011.
-  J. Peris, D. Reynaerts, and H. V. Brussel, “A miniature manipulator for integratin in a self-propelling endoscope,” Sensors and Actuators A92, pp. 343-349, 2001.
-  T. Nakamura and T. Iwanaga, “Locomotion Strategy for a Peristaltic Crawling Robot in 2-Dimensional Space,” 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, WeA7.3, 2008.
-  R. Primerano, D. Wikie, and W. Regli, “Toward a Multi-Disciplinary Model for Bio-Robotic Systems,” 2008 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, WeA7.6, 2008.
-  A. Menciassi, S. Gorini, and G. Pernorio, “A SMA actuated artificial earthworm,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 347-352, 2004.
-  J. Zuo, G. Yan, and Z. Gao, “A micro creeping robot for colonoscopy based on the earthworm,” J. of Medical Engineering & Technology, 29, 1, pp. 1-7, 2005.
-  A. Boxebaum, R. D. Quinn, and H. J. Chel, “A New Theory and Methods for Creating Peristaltic Motion in a Robotic Platform,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, TuE3.5, 2010.
-  H. Kita and H. Yamamoto, “Double-balloon endoscopy for the doasnosis and treatment of small intestinal disease,” best Practice & Reserch Clinical Gastroenterology, Vol.20, No1, pp. 179-194, 2006.
-  D. Mishima, T Aoki, and S Hirose “Development of Pneumatically Controlled Expandable Arm for Search in the Environment with Tight Access,” Proc. Int. Conf. on Field and Service Robotics, FSR2003, pp. 315-320, 2003.
-  J. McKenna, F. Bronson, D. Anhalt, H. Choset, B. Brown,M. Schwerin, and E. Shammas, “Toroidal Skin Drive for Snake Robot Locomotion,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, WeC7.5, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.