Scanning Type Microprobe for Displacement Measurement Based on Standing Wave Detection Using an Optically Trapped Particle
Yasuhiro Takaya, Masaki Michihata, and Terutake Hayashi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
The new scanning type microprobe, based on a standing wave pattern as the interferometric scale and an optically trapped microprobe as the sensing probe to read the scale, is proposed. To confirm the measurement principle the fundamental investigation was conducted experimentally and the properties such as the accuracy, the resolution and the measurable range are evaluated. The feasibility as amicro-displacement sensor is indicated by measurement results of a silicon wafer surface and a silicon sphere. In order to investigate the ability of three-dimensional measurement the scanning measurement of a micro spherical lens with a diameter of 2 mm is carried out.
-  A. Ashkin, J. M. Dziedzic, J. E. Bjorkholm, and S. Chu, “Observation of a single-beam gradient force optical trap for dielectric particles,” Opt. Lett., Vol.11, pp. 288-290, 1986.
-  H. N. Hansen, K. Carneiro, H. Haitjema, and L. De Chiffre, “Dimensional Micro and Nano Metrology,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.55(2), pp. 721-743, 2006.
-  A. Weckenmann, P. Kraemer, and J. Hoffmann, “Manufacturing metrology – State of art and prospects,” Proc. ISMQC, pp. 1-8, 2007.
-  H. Tsutsumi, K. Yoshizumi, and H. Takeuch, “Ultrahigh Accurate 3-D Profilometer,” Proc.SPIE, Vol.5638, pp. 387-394, 2005.
-  E. J. C. Bos, F. L.M. Delbressine, and H. Haitjema, “High-accuracy CMM metrology for micro systems,” Proc. ISMQC, pp. 511-522, 2004.
-  Y. Takaya, S. Takahashi, T. Miyoshi, and K. Saito, “Development of The Nano-CMM Probe Based on Laser Trapping Technology,” Annals of the CIRP, 48/1, pp. 421-424, 1999.
-  Y. Takaya, K. Imai, T. Ha, and T. Miyoshi, “Vibrational Probing Technique for the Nano-CMM based on Optical Radiation Pressure Control,” Annals of the CIRP, 53/1, pp. 421-424, 2004.
-  M.Michihata, T. Hayashi, and Y. Takaya, “Measurement of vertical and lateral trapping stiffness of optical tweezers in air using radially polarized beam,” Applied Optics, Vol.48, Issue 32, pp. 6143-6151, 2009.
-  M. Michihata, Y. Takaya, and T. Hayashi, “Nano position sensing based on laser trapping technique for flat surfaces,” Meas. Sci. Technol. Vol.19, pp. 084013, 2008.
-  W. Mu, Z. Li, L. Luan, G. C. Spalding, G. Wang, and J. B. Ketterson, “Force measurement on microspheres in an optical standing wave,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, Vol.25, pp. 763-767, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.