Motion Trajectory Measurement of NC Machine Tools Using Accelerometers
Ryuta Sato* and Kotaro Nagaoka**
*Organization of Advanced Science and Technology, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokko-dai, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
**Advanced Technology R&D Center, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, 8-1-1 Tsukaguchi-Honmachi, Amagasaki, Hyogo 661-8661, Japan
-  ISO 230-1, “Test Code for Machine Tools – Part 1: Geometric Accuracy of Machines Operating under No-load or Finishing Conditions,” 1996.
-  ISO 230-4, “Test Code for Machine Tools – Part 4: Circular Tests for Numerically Controlled Machine Tools,” 2005.
-  Website: http://www.renishaw.com/.
-  A. Teimel, “Technology and Applications of Grating Interferometers in High-precision Measurement,” Precision Engineering, 13-3, pp. 147-154, 1992.
-  Y. Suzuki, A. Matsubara, Y. Kakino, S. Ibaraki, and K. Lee, “A Study on the Tuning of CNC Parameters to Improve Contour Precision for NC Machine Tools,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, 69-8, pp. 1119-1123, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Website: http://www.heidenhain.com/.
-  B. Bringmann and P. Maglie, “A Method for Direct Evaluation of the Dynamic 3D Path Accuracy of NC Machine Tools,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 58-1, pp. 343-346, 2009.
-  S. Weikert and W. Knapp, “A New Device for Accuracy Measurements on Five Axis Machine Tools,” Annals of the CIRP, 53-1, pp. 429-432, 2004.
-  M. Cramer, GPS/INS Integration, Proc. of Photogrammetric Week 1997, pp. 1-10, 1997.
-  W. D. Iwan, M. A. Moser, and C. Y. Peng, “Some Observations on Strong-Motion Earthquake Measurement Using a Digital Accelerograph,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 75-5, pp. 1225-1246, 1985.
-  R. Sato and M. Tsutsumi, “Dynamic Behavior of Feed Drive Systems around Quadrant Changes in Circular Motion,” Proceedings of the 2nd CIRP Int. Conf. on High Performance Cutting (CD-ROM), 2006.
-  Website: http://www.rion.co.jp/english/.
-  H. Sugie, T. Iwasaki, H. Nakagawa, and S. Kohda, “Modeling and Compensation for the Exponential Type Lost Motion to Improve the Contouring Accuracy of NC Machine Tools,” Transaction of the Institute of Systems Control and Information Engineers, 14-3, pp. 117-123, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  M700V Series Specifications Manual, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.